Ohio University Athens Campus
from Southwest Ohio
- Street Addresses for GPS
- Most Ohio University buildings do not have street addresses. To help GPS systems or various online services provide you with driving directions, you may use any of these addresses, all of which are in Athens, OH, on the Athens campus:
- 35 Park Place
- 3 President Street
- 135 South Green Drive
- Intersection of Court Street and Union Street
- If you are driving from Southwest Ohio, take OH-32 E to Athens. If you are driving from the Chillicothe area, take US-50 E to Athens.
Just West of Albany, OH, at the Ohio University Airport, OH-32 E and US-50 E join together. Continue East on OH-32 and US-50 for about nine miles.
Pass the exit for US-33 E to Pomeroy, OH (that off-ramp exits to the left).
Take Exit 17, for OH-682 N.
There is a traffic circle ("roundabout") at the end of the off-ramp. Traffic entering the circle must yield to traffic already in the circle:
- For the main campus, keep to the right as you approach the traffic circle, go one-quarter of the way around, and take the first exit, onto Richland Avenue; cross the Hocking River and enter the Ohio University campus. You will be at coordinates E-6 on the campus map, with the Convocation Center on your left and Peden Stadium on your right.
- To go to the Ridges, keep to the left as you approach the traffic circle. Then exit after going halfway around to stay on OH-682; the driveway up to the Ridges is a left turn before the traffic light.
- To go to the Ohio University Inn, keep to the left as you approach the traffic circle. Then exit after going three-quarters of the way around, onto Richland Avenue; the Ohio University Inn will be on your right, after the park.
|Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/travel/swoh.html) on April 24, 2013.