True House was built in 1970 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 11.
True House was named in honor of Josiah True. A native of Milford, NH, he came to Ohio in 1798. He was founder of the "Coon-skin Library" established in Amesville as the Western Library Association. He was elected "overseer of the Poor" and served as a township trustee and justice of the peace. He was one of the founders of the Dover Library Association incorporated by the Ohio Legislature in 1830.