The sundial adorns the lawn between Galbreath Chapel and University Terrace, at coordinates H-4 on the campus map.
History of Building
The sundial is located at the site of the first Ohio University building, erected in 1807. Here Thomas Ewing and John Hunter were graduated in 1815, the first two graduates of Ohio University. Ewing later served as a trustee of Ohio University, as a United States Senator, as Secretary of Treasury, and as Secretary of Interior, advising four United States Presidents.
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/sundial.html) on February 16, 2016.