Smith House was built in 1970 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 10.
William S. Smith
Smith House was named in honor of William S. Smith. A 1853 graduate of Ohio University. A distinguished Civil Engineer, he erected the first all-steel bridge for the Chicago and Alton Railway, and, the International Bridge at Niagara Falls.
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/smith.html) on February 16, 2016.