Read Hall was built in 1954 and originally housed 211 men.
Read Hall was named in honor of Daniel Read, a native of Marietta, OH. Educated at Ohio University he also received an honorary degree from Asbury College. He was a preceptor of Ohio University's preparatory department, professor of Ancient Languages, Latin, and Political Economy, and served as Vice President of the University.
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/read.html) on February 16, 2016.