Martzolf House was built in 1969 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 6.
Clement Luther Martzolff
Martzolf House was named in honor of Clement Luther Martzolff. A native of Perry County, OH, he was educated at Ohio University and received a Doctor of Literature honorary degee from Wittenburg College in 1920. He taught school and served a superintendent in Perry County schools before coming to Ohio University as a professor of History. He was secretary and field agent for the Alumni Association for many years. He assisted in establishing the Alumni Fund and was a promoter in the erection of the Alumni Gateway. He wrote the "History of Perry County" and the "History of Athens County".