Atkinson House was built in 1970 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 9.
Albert A. Atkinson
Atkinson House was named in honor of Albert A. Atkinson. A native of Hocking County, OH, he was educated at Ohio University and University of MIchigan. He was a professor of Physics and Electrical Engineering. He was the first Dean of the College of Applied Sciences. His teaching span at Ohio University lasted 44 years from 1893 to 1937. He authored several books.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/atkinson.html) on September 29, 2014.