School of Rehabilitation and Communication Science
You're already a part of it. It's time to get involved.
The CSD Society of Alumni and Friends operates as the formal alumni organization and its advisory board works to keep CSD alumni connected. The group strives to assist alumni and students through networking, mentoring and special events. Did you know that every graduate and student of CSD is automatically a member of the CSD Society of Alumni and Friends? To find out more about this organization and how to get involved, contact the board president or the CSD associate director.
The CSD Society of Alumni and Friends Advisory Board is composed of Ohio University alumni and professionals with a wide variety of experiences. The Board typically meets twice each year. The fall meeting is on the Athens Campus and the spring meeting is held during the OSLHA Convention in Columbus, Ohio, or at the American Academy of Audiology Conference.
Advisory Board Goals
- Strengthen alumni relations and sponsor alumni events. Annual events include:
- Society of Alumni and Friends Advisory Board Meeting. OHIO Party at the AAA in Columbus, Ohio, for alumni, faculty, staff, and students. March 28, 2019 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, room TBA.
- Collaborate with alumni to raise funds and materials for the school/clinic
- Assist with student recruitment
- Expand network/mentorships for externship placement and job locations
- Assist in keeping program current with the professional demands of the workplace
- Maintain contact with alumni, faculty and students
- Support alumni and students through consultation with working professionals
- Promote public relations of CSD with other professionals and the public
- Provide input to CSD’s accrediting agency and other groups, as requested
- Develop, promote and help provide graduate and continuing education activities
CSD Society of Alumni and Friends Advisory Board
President – Sally Jones-McNamara, MACS, CCC-SLP, CCP, CCE – BSHS ’71, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President – Rebecca Meier, AuD, CCC-A - BSHS ’99, MAHSS ’01 , email@example.com
Secretary – Pamela Bowen Smith, PhD, CCC-SLP - MAHSS ’87 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Members at Large
Jean Blosser, EdD, CCC-SLP, ASHA Fellow - BSHS ‘69
Tom Powers, PhD, CCC-A - MAA ‘75, PH ‘77
Guy Naples, MA, CCC-SLP/A - BSFA ‘68, MASS/A ‘74
Sabrina Greer, AuD, CCC-A - BSHSL ‘02, MAHSLS ‘04
Amanda Rodstrom, MA, CCC-SLP - BSHSL ‘03, MAHSLS ‘05
Matthew Hott, M.A., CCC-SLP, MACSD, ‘13
James W. Montgomery, PhD, CCC-SLP, Associate Director of CSD, email@example.com 740.593.1412
Teresa Tyson-Drummer, Administrative Coordinator, Ex-officio (Treasurer), firstname.lastname@example.org, 740.593.0309
Elizabeth Jones, CHSP Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement, email@example.com, 740.566.0484
Gary Neiman, Dean Emeritus, CHSP Development Liaison for CSD firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandie Nance, AuD., CCC-A, Coordinator of HSL Clinic Services, email@example.com, 740.593.0417
Rebecca Prater, Ohio University Alumni Relations Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740.597.1334
Click here to view CSD Historical Timeline 1937-2012.