Bobcats Take Care
No matter our location, whether we’re together on the bricks or spread over great distances, Bobcats are bound by a spirit that calls us to care — for one another, for our alma mater, and for our communities. From health care professionals and first responders, to food retailers and nonprofit volunteers, Bobcats are doing their part to take care of those around them. We are proud of your commitment to serving others in this time of need.
As we celebrate how Bobcats Take Care, here are a few more ways we can continue to lift each other up and give back, no matter where we are:
- Send a hand-written postcard to members of our senior class!
- Connect with alumni and students through the Bobcat Mentorship Network
- Donate food to your local food bank or nursing home
- Shop at vendors who give purchase profits to support food services or COVID-19 Emergency Funds
- Purchase gift cards to support local businesses
- Pay full price at local businesses that offer discounts
- Donate resources to homeless shelters
- Foster an animal from a shelter
- Write and send thank you letters to local health care providers and first responders
- Send letters of encouragement to nursing home residents and hospital patients
- Donate blood to the Red Cross
- Write a letter to a family member
- Enter the @OHIOAlumni coloring contest on Facebook!
- Virtually tutor a subject, or teach how to play an instrument
- Start a pen pal exchange
- Mow the lawn of an elderly neighbor
- Reconnect with your college roommate
We invite you to join fellow alumni in sharing how Bobcats Take Care. Submit your ideas and photos of how you are giving back to your local community by using the hashtag #BobcatsTakeCare and tag @OHIOalumni on your social media posts! Use the hashtag #BobcatsTakeCare and visit bobcatstakecare.ohio.edu to see messages from across the Bobcat Family.
Please be mindful of what you can do in your location and ensure that the way you give back keeps you and others safe.
If you’d like to contribute financially, please make a gift to the new COVID-19 Ohio University Student Emergency Fund, which is providing urgently needed support to current students who are experiencing financial hardships due to the restrictions in place.