University College (UC) is essential to OHIO’s vision of becoming the nation’s best transformative learning community. Through effective advising and partnerships with regional campuses and key offices, we promote undergraduates’ academic success and co-curricular engagement, facilitate their pivotal transitions, and foster a sense of community among students, faculty, and staff.
We believe the future lives in programs that inspire students to succeed, both in and out of the classroom. Each program—from the Bachelor of Specialized Studies to first-year Learning Communities; from the Academic Advancement Center to the Allen Student Advising Center; and from the Army and Air Force ROTC programs to Commuter Services—is designed to benefit every student and have University-wide impact. Today, University College’s efforts align with national best practices for improving student success and retention, thereby promoting higher graduation rates.
With your help, UC will continue to provide leadership in inspired teaching and research, innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services, and integrative co-curricular activities—the four fundamentals identified by the University’s strategic planning committee as essential to creating and sustaining an exceptional student experience.
We believe you should be able to support what matters most to you, so you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We currently have several exciting initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Teaching incoming, new students and their parents how to be a Bobcat during Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO) in June every summer.
- Offering support to first-generation college students through the Ohio First Scholars Program, which offers mentoring opportunities, tutoring services, the Ohio First Scholars House, and much more.
- Helping new students get connected to a Learning Community, which will support them during their transition from home and high school to Ohio University and Athens.
- Offering an increased number of service-learning opportunities by funding faculty training and development in this model.
- Boosting funding for the University Professor Program, which makes it possible for outstanding faculty to develop a new course they’ve always wanted to teach.
- Supporting the 1804 Fund, which provides seed money for projects that enhance undergraduate learning and promote collaboration among units.
- Increasing funds for student scholarships to recruit the brightest, most promising students.
The Learning Community (LC) program at Ohio University has enjoyed great success since its implementation in fall 1999. What started as two LCs with 40 students now encompasses more than 80% of first-year students.
Your gift – no matter the amount – can influence the future of our students and faculty. Your generosity helps ensure we can continue to offer the best student-centered learning experience in America.
To make an immediate gift to University College online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give
To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to University College, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Assistant Director of Development, Central Advancement
McGuffey Hall 304