University College (UC) is essential to OHIO’s vision of becoming the nation’s best transformative learning community. Through effective advising and partnerships with regional campuses and key offices, we promote undergraduates’ academic success and co-curricular engagement, facilitate their pivotal transitions and foster community among students, faculty and staff.
We believe that the future lives in programs that inspire students to succeed, both in and out of the classroom. Each program—from the Bachelor of Specialized Studies to the First-Year Experience; from the Academic Advancement Center to the Allen Student Help Center; and from the Army and Air Force ROTC programs to Veterans, Adult, and Commuter Services —is designed to benefit every student and have University-wide impact. Today, the College’s efforts align with national best practices for improving student success and retention, thereby promoting higher graduation rates.
With your help, UC will continue to provide leadership in inspired teaching and research, innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities—the four fundamentals identified by the University’s strategic planning committee as essential to creating and sustaining an exceptional student experience.
We believe that you should be able to support what matters most to you, so you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We have several exciting current initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Renovating one floor of Alden Library to accommodate both the Learning Commons and the Academic Advancement Center, creating a student success environment that will benefit all students;
- Enhancing OHIO’s First-Year Experience Program, which has already proven successful in bolstering students’ academic performance, engagement in campus life and graduation rates;
- Providing more support for student veterans and OHIO’s ROTC and AROTC programs through scholarships and internships, peer mentoring, a Veterans Center and leadership development programs;
- Increasing funds for student scholarships to recruit the brightest, most promising students;
- Offering an increased number of service-learning opportunities by funding faculty training and development in this model;
- Boosting funding for the University Professor Program, which makes it possible for outstanding faculty to develop a new course they’ve always wanted to teach;
- Supporting the 1804 Fund, which provides seed money for projects that enhance undergraduate learning and promote collaboration among units;
- Launching the Preparing Future Faculty Program, which will help doctoral students pursuing careers as teachers and scholars reach their full potential through pedagogical training.
Private giving has already had a significant impact on University College. Thanks to the support of our alumni and friends, OHIO has been named a “military friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine, and we are able to offer to scholarships to countless students who otherwise would be unable to attend college.
Your gift – no matter the amount – can influence the future of our students and faculty. Your generosity can help ensure that we can continue to offer the best student-centered learning experience in America.
To make an immediate gift to University College online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give
To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to University College, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Assistant Director of Development, Central Advancement
McGuffey Hall 304