College of Health Sciences and Professions
Offering a number of nationally ranked programs, OHIO's College of Health Sciences and Professions (CHSP) has seen some of the highest enrollment increases on campus. School of Nursing enrollments have doubled in the past decade, and the RN-to-BSN program has quadrupled. With 2010's academic restructuring, CHSP is poised to become a national model for health professions education, scholarship and service.
With the health profession growing at an exponential rate worldwide, we recognize our unique responsibility to recruit first-class leaders and scholars in a growing range of disciplines. While we continually work to improve the educational experience for our students and offer more diverse and innovative programming, our margin of excellence depends on the private support of you -- our alumni and friends. Your gift helps increase student financial aid, enhance faculty and student research opportunities, and enrich the Bobcat student experience.
With your support, we seek to attract the most promising health professionals and scholars, encourage faculty excellence and growth, increase care for our community and implement state-of-the-art approaches to health sciences education.
We believe that you should support what matters most to you, so you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We have several exciting current initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Enhancing undergraduate student scholarships that provide access and opportunity, particularly for students from underserved areas and populations;
- Creating endowed chairs and professorships to recruit and retain eminent faculty, which will inevitably raise the caliber of our students;
- Caring for the community by endowing successful programs like Kids on Campus and equipping them with funding needed to support services like free clinics and screenings or physical health exams in public schools;
- Building a nursing simulation lab equipped with simulated mannequins, like SimBaby, a technological marvel that can breathe, cry, cough and respond to human touch;
- Enhancing our facilities with the creation of a state-of-the-art exercise physiology lab to accommodate our growing program and increase the potential for scientific discovery.
With your help, we have endowed scholarships and funded graduate assistantships and student awards. Your continued support enables us to stand with OHIO in its quest to become one of the most important universities in the nation. Your gift -- no matter the amount -- makes a huge difference in the lives of our students.
Also view our videos to support research and internships.
To make an immediate gift to the College of Health Sciences and Professions online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give. To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to the College of Health Sciences and Professions, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Elizabeth Jones, M.Ed., MBA
Assistant Dean for Outreach and Engagement
Grover Center W378
Athens, OH 45701