Invest in Ohio
Established in 1945 by President John C. Baker, The Ohio University Foundation serves as the fund raising arm of Ohio University. The Foundation is an institutionally-related, nonprofit, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) organization, and is the repository for all private gifts to Ohio University through annual giving programs, capital and special campaigns, and planned or deferred gifts such as bequests and trusts. Contributions to The Ohio University Foundation are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Private philanthropy has had a rich and dramatic impact on Ohio University from as early as 1816 when Christopher and Daniel Herrold forgave the debt for the lumber used to build Cutler Hall, to several, more recent capital campaigns. Gifts from generous donors have provided for scholarships and financial aid packages, research and faculty development, capital expansion and renovations, technology upgrades and lab equipment, library acquisitions, and vital unrestricted support that has allowed Ohio University to meet unexpected challenges.
Major capital campaigns at Ohio University
|The Promise Lives Campaign||$500 million (completed in 2015)|
|Bicentennial Campaign||$221 million (completed in 2004)|
|The Third Century Campaign||$132 million (completed in 1994)|
|The 1804 Campaign||$22.6 million (completed in 1981)|
Gift Commitments and Donor Report Fiscal years 2008-2011 YTD
(The numbers below reflect total gift commitments)