RN to BSN
Ohio University's RN to BSN online program, ranked fifth in the nation for best online RN to BSN programs by Best College Reviews, is designed for RNs who want to further their education and advance their careers with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing offered by the College of Health Sciences and Professions.
- Be a resident with an active unencumbered RN license in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., or West Virginia. This includes temporary licenses obtained in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hold a conferred associate's degree or diploma in nursing from a state-board-of-nursing-approved program.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade-point average (GPA) from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- Hold an active U.S. nursing license (If you are registered to take the license exam, you may be considered to the pre-major by providing the license exam date and exam location.)
- Have transferable equivalent of Ohio University's ENG 1510 Writing and Rhetoric I (If you have not yet completed the equivalent to this course, you may be considered for admission to the pre-major with an expectation that you will complete the course before being admitted into the RN to BSN major program.)
Nondegree Nursing Early Start
Ohio University’s School of Nursing is proud to announce the launch of Nondegree Nursing Early Start Enrollment! This option allows eligible students currently earning an ADN to enroll during the first or second summer session in the online BSN course NRSE 4510: Professional Nursing Practice. With successful completion of NRSE 4510, students can enroll during the second summer semester in the online BSN course NRSE 4520: Health Assessment and Promotion. With successful completion of each course, students will have earned four credit hours toward OHIO’s online RN to BSN degree.
Online and Distance Education is Affordable
Ohio University maintains its commitment to an accessible education through affordable tuition. Academic programs are offered at specific rates in accordance with its campus offerings.
Many Credits Transfer
At OHIO, your previous coursework may apply toward an online bachelor’s degree.