55.012: Purchasing - Direct Payment
|Approved on February 3, 2005||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Procurement Services
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration
- This policy establishes the conditions under which payment will be made after-the-fact for goods or services provided to the university.
- Some acquisitions made on behalf of the University do not require a purchase order. A University purchasing card should be used (as described in Policy 55.074, "Purchasing Card") whenever possible in lieu of this procedure. When necessary, payment can instead be processed after-the-fact as described in the Procedures section, immediately below.
- Departments may acquire the items and services included in the Direct Payment List that is online at https://www.ohio.edu/finance/procuretopay/directpayment.cfm, without prior Purchasing approval. A University purchasing card (see Policy 55.074, "Purchasing Card") should be used whenever possible. A Direct Payment Form may be submitted after-the-fact for payment of obligation assumed whenever p-card use is impossible or impractical. All such forms must have proper authorizing departmental signatures, and must have the original invoice attached. The Direct Payment Form should be sent to the General Accounting Office, 218 HDL Center, within two (2) working days after receipt of invoice, provided all invoiced goods and services have been received.
The purchase of goods processed via this method are subject to a $25,000 maximum per purchase. The purchase of services is subject to a $50,000 maximum. Pyramiding - i.e., dividing one purchase into two or more, in order to stay within this limit - is not permitted. Items marked with an asterisk ("*") on the Direct Payment List may be paid by Direct Payment regardless of the dollar amount.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Planning Unit Heads
- The Controller
- The following forms are specific to this policy:
- The Direct Payment form is available on-line as a Microsoft Excel file, from https://www.ohio.edu/finance/procuretopay/forms.cfm (you may need to scroll down).
Copyright © 2016 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/policy/55-012.html) on March 23, 2016.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".