41.105: Retirement System Contributions for Administrative Presidential Appointees on Leaves of Absence
|Approved on February 27, 2005||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|James E. Kemper
Assistant Vice President for
Administration for Human Resources
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration
- This policy serves to ensure continuation of University retirement contributions for Administrative Presidential Appointees on an approved leave of absence.
- Employees enrolled in an Alternative Retirement Plan will not receive University retirement contribution when on unpaid leave. Ohio University will provide the University retirement contribution for those faculty and administrative staff members enrolled in STRS or PERS while on leave of absence providing:
- The leave is consistent with the State Teachers Retirement System and the Public Employees Retirement System regulations permitting service credit while on approved leave of absence.
- The faculty or staff member is willing and able to contribute his or her normal retirement contribution for the period of the leave.
- That all other avenues of funding the University retirement payments through grants, contracts, or other means have been exhausted.
- That the appropriate Executive Officer deems the leave to be of future benefit to the University and the appropriate Executive Officer gives advance written approval for such payment prior to the commencement of the leave. Executive Officers are:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Vice President for Regional Higher Education
- Vice President for Research
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Vice President for University Advancement
- Administrative Presidential Appointees who are members of STRS and who have received prior approval for retirement payments should contact the Payroll Office upon return from leave of absence for the purpose of filing a request to purchase service credit for the period of the leave of absence.
Administrative Presidential Appointees who are members of PERS should contact University Human Resources for procedures to follow in establishing service credit for the time on approved leave of absence.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Administrative Senate
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (https://www.ohio.edu/policy/41-105.html) on March 23, 2016.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".