Student Success Center
Monday- Thursday: Friday:
- Free tutoring for any 100 or 200 level class
- Walk-in math tutoring
- Walk-in writing tutoring for ALL writing assignments, NOT just for English class (students are encouraged to schedule appointments to ensure tutor availability.)
- Tutoring for all stages of the writing process:
Topic Selection Drafts
Outlining Citing Resources
Organizing Final Revisions
- Walk-in tutoring at designated times (when available) for:
In certain instances there are opportunities to schedule a on-on-one session in the following areas.
Anatomy & Physiology Nursing Nutrition Chemistry Spanish Psychology Biology Writing Math
Tutoring schedules are posted on the bulletin board located outside of the Student Success Center at the beginning of every quarter. Schedules may change as the quarter progresses; please check the board often.
For courses that do not offer walk-in tutoring, please see Jennifer Redrup, M.Ed., Student Success Center Coordinator, to request a tutor.
- Instructional software, including PLATO Learning Network
- Instructional DVDs/ Videotapes
- Reference Books
- Trained peer tutors
- Professional tutors
· PLATO Learning Environment
Online Tutorials for:
- COMPASS Test Prep
- PRAXIS I Test Prep
- Much More
Interested in Being a Tutor?
- Tutors must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Earn a B+ or higher in the course you wish to tutor.
- Currently enrolled at Ohio University Zanesville.
- Complete one quarter of course work at OU.
- Faculty recommendation is preferred.
- Participation in training sessions is required.
Jennifer Redrup, M.Ed.
Coordinator, Student Success Center
Elson Hall Room 174
Phone: (740) 588-2554