Provost's Women's Commission Mission Statement
The role of the Provost's Women's Commission is to provide oversight that positions gender equity and women's issues in the forefront of Ohio University's mission and awareness.
The Commission recognizes the diverse experiences of women. In addition, the Women's Commission advocates, recommends and monitors policies, initiatives, resources and other issues that are central to a safe, equitable and inclusive climate for all women on campus.
The Commission achieves its goals by:
- Giving voice to issues on campus that directly impact women
- Promoting gender equality
- Identifying barriers which may impede professional and academic development of women
- Developing alliances and collaborating with other campus structures, organizations, units and committees
- Communicating institutional progress, goals and strategies through open public meetings and an annual report.