Monday - Thursday
5:45 am - 9:00 pm
5:45 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
E124 Grover Center
Athens, OH 45701
To be the highest quality wellness program for our customers and to combine academic and experiential learning for our students.
WellWorks will be a regionally prominent wellness program that offers a continuum of lifestyle services to impact the health behaviors and wellness culture of our community.
Who can Join?
WellWorks is open to all Ohio University employees and retirees and their spouses/dependents, community members and graduate students. Sorry, undergraduates must use the Charles J. Ping Student Recreation Center.
Why should I join?
WellWorks isn't just a fitness center-it's a health and wellness facility. As a member you will enjoy the many services WellWorks has to offer. These benefits include:
- Fitness center
- Group exercise classes
- Personal Training Program
Membership not required:
* See FEES for prices and eligibility
- Nutrition counseling / programs / workshops
- Massage services
- Educational programs and special events
- Health screenings
- Cardiac rehabilitation (HeartWorks)
- Risk Reduction program
How do I get started?
To become a member of WellWorks, or to rejoin, you must complete an enrollment form (See FORMS link). The enrollment form includes your contact information, a self-reported medical history, and a waiver/release. You will receive notification as to the activation of your membership in 1 business day. If you have known or suspected heart, lung, or metabolic disease, you may be asked to provide a doctor's approval, indicating that exercise is medically appropriate.
Once approval has been obtained by our Clinical Exercise Physiologist, or from your physician if requested, you will go through a brief orientation to our facility and other services we offer. This will be done at your first visit-no appointment is necessary.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIPS (ages 13-17)
- A parent or guardian must sign your enrollment form before you can use the facility.
- You do not need to be accompanied by an adult, but if problems arise in your conduct, our first step will be to ask that you be accompanied by an adult.
- Doctor approvals are not required for youth participation, unless there is a medically necessary reason.
- Orientation is required before you will be permitted to use the Fitness Center on your own.
- Family memberships:
Established membership--If the youth will be part of an already established family membership, please let us know to add them to your account.
If the youth will be part of a new account, the account will need to be set up under a parent name first, and then the youth will be added. They cannot use the facility until this is completed.