As we continue to implement IT improvements across the institution, the Web Advisory Group fills a critical role in helping us identify common needs and opportunities to best leverage the Web.
-- Co-chair Brice Bible, chief information officer
The participation and input from our University partners is vital in our efforts to strengthen our online presence -- in its outward appearance and its backend capabilities.
-- Co-chair Renea Morris, executive director, communications and marketing
The collaborative work of Ohio University's Web Advisory Group, which was formed spring quarter 2009, provides a meaningful voice by contributing guidance, strategy, and creative thinking to help shape institutional priorities and Web initiatives.
The Web Advisory Group comprises representation from faculty, administration, staff, and students and will review and develop Web guidelines, ensuring compliance with existing technology and security policies.
Ohio University recognizes the importance of its Web sites as an important vehicle for external and internal communication, education, research, and recruitment. As a sounding board for the decisions involved in improving OHIO's Web presence, the Web Advisory Group will provide ongoing assessment and feedback from the University community as well as provide leadership and direction for OHIO's Web efforts.
Membership in the Web Advisory Group comprises representatives from constituency groups across campus. The WAG is co-chaired by the Chief Information Officer for Information Technology (OIT) and Executive Director for University Communications and Marketing (UCM) with liaisons from the OIT and UCM.
- Interim CIO
- Renea Morris
Web Services Group
- Jay Beam, OIT liaison
- Mark Krumel, UCM liaison
- Toni Heightland, OIT liaison
- Stacey Stewart, UCM liaison
- Tasha Attaway, UCM liaison
- Stephanie Elmore, administrative support, UCM
- Heather Anerino, University Advancement
- Tanya Barnett, University College
- Jill Bateman, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Lori Bauer, College of Arts and Sciences
- Nathan Berger, College of Fine Arts
- Candace Boeninger, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Colleen Carow, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Monica Chapman, Office of the President
- Ken Cutright, College of Business
- Holly Elliott, VPFA Business Service Center
- Andrea Gibson, VP for Research
- Jenny Hall-Jones, Student Affairs
- Jim Harris, University College
- Jennifer Kirksey, Office of the President
- Karoline Lane, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Brian McCarthy, College of Arts and Sciences
- Scott Pack, OIT liaison
- Jason Showalter, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Breanne Sisler, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Debra Smith, Ohio University-Lancaster
- Todd Stone, UCM liaison
- Tom Symonds, Ohio University Athletics
- Sam Venable, University Advancement