Rules for Student Organization Pages
Student organizations wishing to have their Web page URL displayed and linked in the database of student organizations, should submit a request via www.ohio.edu/oitech, including the name of the organization, and the complete URL of the organization's home page.
There are three absolute, no-exceptions requirements for your organization's Web page to be included in the database:
- Your pages must not use any official Ohio University logo graphic, current or outdated (including the Cutler Hall woodcut logo, the Intercollegiate Athletics Attack Cat logo, or the old OU pawprint). Such graphics are to be used on official Ohio University pages only, they must not be used on any student organization or other unofficial pages.
- Your pages must not contain any statement that they are copyright by Ohio University.
- The organization's home page must have a reciprocal link to the Ohio University Front Door page, http://www.ohio.edu/. Instructions are available on-line; see the discussion there, and in the Web Style Guide.
- If the page we link to is a content-free "splash" page (one that automatically loads your real home page, or on which the user must click once to proceed to your real home page) then both the splash page and your real home page must have a reciprocal link to the Front Door.
- The link to the Front Door must bring up the Front Door in the full window (replacing your entire page), not in a sub-frame, and not in a new window (nor in a new tab, for those using tabbed browsers).
Information about having OIT host your organization's web pages is also online.