Associate in Science Degree
If you are planning to transfer from Ohio University to another institution, you are advised to complete the Transfer Module as part of your A.A. or A.S. degree.
These degrees are available on all campuses. Each degree requires a minimum of 96 hours. A maximum of 24 credits earned through the Experiential Learning Program may be applied to the A.A. or A.S. degree. At least 30 of the total credits earned toward the A.A. or A.S. must be Ohio University credits. Technical courses count only as electives for both the A.A. and A.S. degrees.
You are not permitted to earn both the A.A. and A.S. degrees. In addition, if you have previously earned the A.I.S. degree, you are not permitted to earn either the A.A. or A.S. degree.
If you plan to earn either the A.A. or A.S. degree, contact the associate's degree coordinator in University College so that the valid major code can be properly recorded.
You must meet the following requirements to earn an A.S. See the list below for the courses which count under each area.
- Arts and Humanities: 15 credit hours (must include Tier I English composition)
- Natural Science, Applied Science, and Quantitative Skills: 30 credit hours (must include Tier I quantitative skills)
- Social Sciences: 15 credit hours
- Electives: 36 credit hours
- Minimum required for graduation: 96 credit hours