“I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.”
― Albert Einstein
Providing the conditions in which someone can learn is our primary goal and it takes skill and dedication. Each semester we provide training for new and returning tutors. Training is a great way for us to share our experience, offer best practices, reflect and prepare for the upcoming semester, and get to know each other.
New Tutor Online Training & In-Person Training
Newly hired tutors must complete online and in-person tutor training. In-person training sessions take place in August and January. We meet to discuss a variety of topics to help you:
- understand our mission and your role as an AAC Tutor
- tutoring pedagogy, student development, and inter-personal communication
- best practices for managing your session, handling difficult sessions, and incorporating study skills, test-prep, and time-management
New Tutor In-Person Training
- Saturday, August 23 - Time and Location TBA
New Tutor On-line Training
- Download and complete Tutor Response Form: TUTOR RESPONSE FORM.pdf
- Watch the on-line Tutor Training Tutorial and complete the Tutor Response Form *Does not work using Internet Explorer, use FireFox or Safari*: TUTOR TRAINING
- Once we have received your Tutor Response Form, you will receive instructions for completing online training through Blackboard to prepare you for Tutor Trac and Work Force.
- Tutors will also receive dates for upcoming in-person training