Find a Tutor
Tutoring Services offers tutoring for free or at a low cost for over 100 courses. You can meet with a tutor for a 30 minute appointment or walk-in at the Math Center during the day (free), drop-in without an appointment at the Math or Science Center in the evening (free), or book a 1 hour appointment through Peer Tutoring (free or low cost of $10.00). Book your appointments or view drop-in times for your course on Tutor Trac by selecting Math Center, Science Center, or Peer Tutoring. If you can't meet your tutor, please cancel your appointment 8 hours in advance. See instructions below. For frequently asked questions, scroll to the bottom of this page. View Current Courses on Tutor Trac for FALL 2013. Tutors may be booked, so keep checking Tutor Trac!
How to use Tutor Trac:For the best Tutor Trac experience, use the latest version of your web browser.
Tutor Trac Student User Guide - pdf with screen shots and details
Where to meet your Tutor:
- Math Center (appointment) - Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm - Tutors are outside the AAC - Alden 101
- Math Center (drop-in) - Sunday - Thursday, 7pm - 9pm - Tutors are in the AAC - Alden 101K
- Science Center (drop-in) - Sunday - Thursday, 7pm - 9pm - Tutors are in the AAC - Alden 101H
- Peer Tutoring - Most tutors meet in front of the AAC in Alden 101. Tutors will contact you via email to discuss where to meet for your private session.
Book your appointment or view drop-in times on Tutor Trac:
- Enter your OHIO ID and password
- Select Search Availability
- Select a Center: Math Center or Science Center or Peer Tutoring
- Select a Section (ex:MATH1200, BIOS 1700, FR1010)
- Select the Time: Drag the handles
- Select the Day(s): Days will turn GREEN when selected
- Hit Search
- Click on the desired appointment time (in green) or view drop-in times (in blue)
- You and the tutor will receive a confirmation email.
- All students must log-in and log-out at the beginning and end of the session
Still can't find a tutor:
- Continue to check the site. As students cancel appointments, sessions become available.
- Attend Math Center Drop-In Sessions - Take a look at our courses and tutors.
- Attend Science Center Drop-In Sessions - Take a look at our courses and tutors.
- Check out SI Supplemental Instruction and SI Online Resources.
- Check out the Student Writing Center.
- Need help with study skills or test prep? Check out Study Skills for online resources or to make an appointment for help.
- Visit your instructor during his/her office hours.
- Join or create a study group with your classmates.
- Visit the department offering your course. Departments often offer workshops or labs for students.
- For GRE, LSAT, GMAT Test prep, go to eCampus through Ohio University.
- The web offers many resources:
Having Technical Difficulties:
- Stop by the Academic Advancement Center for assistance in Alden 101 or send an email to email@example.com.
- How many appointments can I make? You can make 4 appointments per week, per subject. They must be made 8 hours in advance of the appointment time. Program students must follow the appointment limits set by their respective program.
- What happens if I miss an appointment? 3 missed appointments and you will be blocked from Tutor Trac. Cancel your appointments in a timely manner. Gaining access may take some time. Visit the AAC for access.
- When can I cancel appointments? You must cancel an appointment 8 hours in advance from the appointment. You can cancel your appointments on your Welcome Page of Tutor Trac. Just sign-in and hit the x next to the appointment you wish to cancel.
- What happens if my tutor doesn't show for the session?Tutors have been instructed to cancel appointments within 8 hours of the appointment time as well. This will give you a chance to make another appointment. You will receive an email when a tutor cancels an appointment.
- I don't see my courses on the drop-down menu? Give Tutor Trac time to load. Math and Science Centers only recognize courses related to those respective areas. Peer Tutoring recognizes all courses. If you still can't see your information, please complete the Help with Tutor Trac form at the top of the page.
- I keep searching on Tutor Trac, but there are no available tutors? Keep checking Tutor Trac. As students cancel appointments in a timely manner, appointments will open. Also, expand your search time and days. Still no luck? Please visit the AAC to complete a Tutor Request Form.
- Why do I have to Log-In and Log Out at the Math and Science Center or with my Peer Tutor? This process helps confirm that an appointment or visit has taken place. It helps the AAC determine if we are meeting your needs and helps improve our services.