How to use Tutor Trac:
For the best Tutor Trac experience, use FireFox or the latest version of your web browser.
Click on Tutor Trac to make an appointment:
- Enter your OHIO ID and password
- Select Search Availability
- Select a Center: Math Center or Science Center or Peer Tutoring
- Select a Section (ex:MATH1200, BIOS 1700, FR1010)
- Select the Time: Drag the handles
- Select the Day(s): Days will turn GREEN when selected
- Hit Search
- Click on the desired appointment time
- You and the tutor will receive a confirmation email.
- All students must log-in and log-out at the beginning and end of the session
Still can't find a tutor:
- Continue to check the site. Students always cancel and we are hiring more tutors.
- Attend Math Center Drop-In Sessions - Take a look at our courses and tutors.
- Attend Science Center Drop-In Sessions - Take a look at our courses and tutors.
- Check out SI Supplemental Instruction and SI Online Resources.
- Check out the Student Writing Center.
- Need help with study skills or test prep? Check out Study Skills for online resources or to make an appointment for help.
- Visit your instructor during his/her office hours.
- Join or create a study group with your classmates.
- Visit the department offering your course. Departments often offer workshops or labs for students.
- For GRE, LSAT, GMAT Test prep, go to eCampus through Ohio University.
- The web offers many resources:
- Visit Khan Academy for Math, Science, Computer Science, Finance & Economics, Humanities, and GRE Test Prep.
- Visit Purdue Online Writing Lab for assistance with all aspects of writing and ESL.
- Visit How to Study for study tips and guides across various disciplines.
Meeting Your Tutor:
- Math Center - Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm - Tutors are outside the AAC - Alden 101
- Math Center - Sunday - Thursday, 7pm - 9pm - Tutors are in the AAC - Alden 101K
- Science Center - Sunday - Thursday, 7pm - 9pm - Tutors are in the AAC - Alden 101H
- Peer Tutoring - Tutors will contact you via email to discuss where to meet for your private session.
Having Technical Difficulties:
- How many appointments can I make? You can make 4 appointments per week, per subject. They must be made 8 hours in advance of the appointment time. Program students must follow the appointment limits set by their respective program.
- What happens if I miss an appointment? 3 missed appointments and you will be blocked from Tutor Trac. Cancel your appointments in a timely manner. Gaining access may take some time. Visit the AAC for access.
- When can I cancel appointments? You must cancel an appointment 8 hours in advance from the appointment. You can cancel your appointments on your Welcome Page of Tutor Trac. Just sign-in and hit the x next to the appointment you wish to cancel.
- What happens if my tutor doesn't show for the session?Tutors have been instructed to cancel appointments within 8 hours of the appointment time as well. This will give you a chance to make another appointment. You will receive an email when a tutor cancels an appointment.
- I don't see my courses on the drop-down menu? Give Tutor Trac time to load. Math and Science Centers only recognize courses related to those respective areas. Peer Tutoring recognizes all courses. If you still can't see your information, please complete the Help with Tutor Trac form at the top of the page.
- I keep searching on Tutor Trac, but there are no available tutors? Keep checking Tutor Trac. As students cancel appointments in a timely manner, appointments will open. Also, expand your search time and days. Still no luck? Please visit the AAC to complete a Tutor Request Form.
- Why do I have to Log-In and Log Out at the Math and Science Center or with my Peer Tutor? This process helps confirm that an appointment or visit has taken place. It helps the AAC determine if we are meeting your needs and helps improve our services.