Tutoring Services is not a guaranteed service. Services and policies are subject to change.
Reasons why you may not find a tutor:
- We do not have tutors for your course this semester. Check the course list to see if your course is being offered this semester.
- Tutors are already booked for the week and in some cases, the semester.
Here are some suggestions:
- Book your appointments early in the semester and see your tutor on a consistent basis.
- Check Tutor Trac daily for new available appointments.
- Visit the Math Center or Science Center for evening Drop-In Sessions. No appointment is necessary.
- Visit the AAC in Alden 101 to complete a Tutor Request Form. We will do our best to fulfill the request, but it is not guaranteed.
- Check out SI Supplemental Instruction and SI Online Resources.
- Need help with study skills or test prep? Check out Study Skills for online resources or to make an appointment for help.
- Visit your instructor during his/her office hours.
- Join or create a study group with your classmates.
- Visit the department offering your course. Departments often offer workshops or labs for students.
- The web offers many resources:
- Visit Khan Academy for Math, Science, Computer Science, Finance & Economics, Humanities, and GRE Test Prep.
- Visit How to Study for study tips and guides across various disciplines.