Become a Tutor
Now Hiring Math, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics tutors for FALL 2013.
Helping students succeed will be one of the most rewarding experiences during your time at Ohio University.
- Create your own schedule
- Master your own knowledge of subject area - great prep for the GRE and MCAT
- Build your leadership and communication skills
- Gain meaningful skills for future employment
Do you meet the following qualifications?
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- A "B" or higher in the course(s) you wish to tutor
- Must have completed one semester of college level coursework at Ohio University
- Currently enrolled at Ohio University
- A willingness to help others and strong work ethic
- Once hired, all tutors must complete 13 hours of training during your first semester. You will be training and tutoring in your first semester.
- Training takes place through on-line videos, Blackboard, small and large group meetings, discussion of articles, and workshops.
- Training meets national standards and leads to quality tutoring sessions.
- Tutors are evaluated twice a semester as a way to identify strengths and weaknesses and improve practical application of tutoring philosophy.
If you meet the qualifications, please follow the 3 Steps below:
Step 1: Read the Job Description
Step 2: Complete the on-line application below. OU email address only. Submit Faculty Reference Form. Remember to complete the Applicant section before giving the form to your professor.
Step 3: Qualified applicants will be invited to interview.
Successful candidates can begin On-line Training
- Download and complete Tutor Response Form: TUTOR RESPONSE FORM.pdf
- Watch the on-line Tutor Training Tutorial and complete the Tutor Response Form *Does not work using Internet Explorer, use FireFox or Safari*: TUTOR TRAINING
- Once we have received your Tutor Response Form, you will receive instructions for completing online training through Blackboard to prepare you for Tutor Trac and Work Force
Begin Tutoring and Attend Training Sessions
- OU Tutoring #1: The Basics - dates and times to be announced
- OU Tutoring #2: The Tutoring Session - dates and times to be announced
- Leadership Workshop: topic varies, dates and times to be announced