Faculty Commons to offer course design studio
Five day, intensive workshop will provide 20 faculty with assistance and resources to design or re-design a course
October 9, 2009
The Faculty Commons currently is accepting applications for an intensive Course Design Studio to be conducted from December 7-11, 2009.
The Studio is intended to provide participants with a tangible and implementable outcome. During the week, participants will be provided assistance and resources (as available) to design or re-design a course or part of a course.
The Center for Teaching and Learning, Center for Writing Excellence, and OIT's Academic Technology will provide daily consultation and technical assistance.
- Collaborative work environment in the Faculty Commons (Alden Library, 3rd Floor)
- Computer workstation access for each participant
- Breakout sessions for group discussions
- Lunch provided daily
- Voluntary access to workshops led by the sponsoring centers:
- Academic Technology
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Center for Writing Excellence
Each day of the Studio will include a combination of production time for course development, group discussions, and customized workshops.
Faculty participants must agree to:
- meet with facilitators prior to the start of the Studio to allow us to understand your needs and requirements
- be available from 9 am to 5 pm throughout the week of December 7-11 to work in the Studio on their course (re)design
- make a brief presentation of their work on the final day of the Studio
How to Apply
All interested faculty are encouraged to apply. To do so, complete and return the application form via either e-mail or campus mail by October 30, 2009:
Studio participants will be chosen by November 6, with initial consultation meetings during the week of November 16-20.
For more information, please contact Candi Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.