Buy From the Compost Facility
Home gardeners and landscaping businesses interested in creating a healthy yard full of green, leafy plants, vegetables and colorful flowers can now fertilize their gardens with compost purchased from the Ohio University Compost Facility located along Dairy Lane.
Anyone interested in purchasing this soil amendment can do so using the following instructions:
1. Purchase your desired quantity at Bobcat Depot in Baker University Center.
- Tell the cashier how much you wish to purchase (it is sold by the 5 gallon bucket or by the cubic yard).
- Pay for your soil amendment and retain your receipts ($27 per cubic yard).
2. Drive to the Compost Facility (7876 Blackburn Road, Athens, OH).
- Please make sure you have your 5 gallon bucket(s) or flatbed truck!
- You can drive all the way up to the facility (through the gate entry).
- Compost Facility should* be open 8am-10am and 12pm-2pm (*Occasionally, work schedules change and the staff is not at the site at that time. If that happens to you, call Facilities at 593-2911 and ask them to patch you through to Scott Blower. Then, tell Scott you’re at the facility waiting to pick up some compost.
3. Hand your receipt to an employee and they will fill your bucket/truck.
Photo credit: Jennifer L'Heureux