Resources for Resident Assistants
Thanks for stopping by our table at the RA resource fair! Here is an example of what a bulletin board could look like, but feel free to get creative and make yours unique!
If you didn't get a chance to pick up a premade bulletin board, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you a packet.
We know you have a large number of expectations as a member of the ResHousing staff. So, we at the Office of Sustainability would like to provide you with a number of resources to help you easily incorporate sustainability into the work you do. Below are some initiatives created to assist RAs in their efforts to incorporate sustainability into floor programs:
- Eco Reps Dorm Programs - Looking for some fun, educational dorm programs? Eco Reps can help!
- Ecohouse and Compost Tours - Plan a group outing and learn more about how sustainable OU is. We offer tours of the Compost Facility, the Ecohouse, or both!
- "Call to Sustain" Campaign - Here's a quick, fun activity that we can bring to your floor or hall. Students will make a pledge to be sustainable, and we'll talk about how easy it is to make a difference.
- - You or your residents can adopt a free plot at the Ecohouse garden! This is a great way to teach students about gardening and taking a hands-on-approach to learning.
If you are a current RA and have ideas for other ways we can support your efforts to incorporate sustainability into the residence halls, please email us at email@example.com.
Sustainability is a top priority of the university in a variety of ways.
- President McDavis has committed the university to becoming a leader in sustainability within higher education by signing the American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment, which sets a goal of institutional carbon neutrality by 2075.
- Sustainability was selected as the Common Experience Project theme through the year 2016 in an effort to engage the Ohio University community in a shared intellectual inquiry on the common theme of sustainability.
- Athens, Ohio is home to a national model for the local food movement. Local food is a key piece to the sustainability conversation at Ohio University. By engaging our students in service learning programming in the Athens region, we are exposing them to new and exciting experiences that will shape their commitment to becoming leaders within their respective communities.