To attract and retain talented Student Affairs staff by providing resources and support, continually assessing needs, and engaging staff in the educational process through the use of Student Affairs best practices to promote professional growth.
Specific duties of the committee:
- Coordinate DOSA professional development opportunities
- Maintain a calendar of professional development educational activities
- Coordinate and review guidelines for the Outstanding Employee Award selection process
- Administer assessments regarding employee engagement, learning outcomes and core competencies and provide summary reports of findings to all relevant DOSA staff
- Collaborate and communicate with the Division of Student Affairs Leadership Team regarding current professional development needs
Brown Bag Lunch: Technology Matters in the DOSA with James Pettet
Tuesday, January 13 | 12-1p.m. | Baker 233
There are many new and exciting changes coming to the University on the technology front. It can be tough to keep up with those changes. In this presentation, you will have an opportunity to learn about the following items: new voice over IP system, email conversation, DOSA website revamp project.
Brown Bag Lunch: StartSmart Brown Bag with Roxanne Male'-Brune
Tuesday, February 10 | 11a.m.-1p.m. | Baker 237
$tart $mart is a 2-hour interactive workshop designed to give any job-seeker the confidence and skills they need to earn fair compensation. The two hour workshop will be divided into negotiation overview and practice sections. The first hour will focus on negotiation basics and why it is essential to negotiation. The second hour will be structured practice negotiating with assistance from the facilitator.
Future Brown Bag Lunch Dates:
March 10 | 12-1p.m. | Ryan Lombardi
April 14 | 12-1p.m. | TBD
May 12 | 12-1p.m. | TBD
January 13,2015 1p.m. Baker 233
January 27 2015 1p.m. Baker 239
February 1,2015 1p.m. Baker 233
February 24,2015 1p.m. Baker 233
March 10, 2015 1p.m. Baker 233
March 24, 2015 1p.m. Baker 235
April 7, 2015 1p.m. Baker 233
April 21, 2015 1p.m. Baker 235
May 5,2015 1p.m. Baker 233
Check back often for upcoming professional development opportunities.
If you would like to add an event to the calendar, please contact April Crabtree at email@example.com.