To attract and retain talented Student Affairs staff by providing resources and support, continually assessing needs, and engaging staff in the educational process through the use of Student Affairs best practices to promote professional growth.
Specific duties of the committee:
- Coordinate DOSA professional development opportunities
- Maintain a calendar of professional development educational activities
- Coordinate and review guidelines for the Outstanding Employee Award selection process
- Administer assessments regarding employee engagement, learning outcomes and core competencies and provide summary reports of findings to all relevant DOSA staff
- Collaborate and communicate with the Division of Student Affairs Leadership Team regarding current professional development needs
Brown Bag Lunch: Pete Trentacoste on "How to use technology to improve your professional and personal efficiency.
Tuesday, October 14 | 12-1p.m. | Baker 233
Brown Bag Lunch: Christine Sheets on her experiences attending the Higher Education Resource Services leadership institute.
Tuesday, November 4 | 12-1p.m. | Baker 233
Brown Bag Lunch: Imants Jaunarajs on "LinkedIn is king! It ranks higher than all other profiles including other social networks and website builders. Learn everything you need to know about LinkedIn and SEO, and get to the top of Google rankings."
Tuesday, December 9 | 12-1pm | Baker 233
Conference Style Divisional
Friday, November 21 | 9a.m. - 4p.m. | Baker
Check back often for upcoming professional development opportunities.
If you would like to add an event to the calendar, please contact April Crabtree at email@example.com.