Bachelor of Social Work
Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.)
- General requirements are a minimum of 120 semester hours
- 60 hours of Arts and Sciences course work at 2000 level or higher
- 33 total hours and at least 9 hours each of humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences
- General education requirements – Tier I, II, III
- All requirements stipulated by the program
- Admission to the major is divided into two stages: pre-major and major. First year students are admitted as pre-majors. To be considered for admission to the major, students are required to have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- SW 1000 and SW 2601 with a minimum grade of “C” in both courses.
- Bios 1030, Psy 1010, Psy 2110, and Psy 2410 or EDEC 1600, as well as one course in any of the two following areas: Anthropology, Economics, Political Science or Sociology
- ENG 1510 and Math Tier I (Math 1200 recommended)
- A paid or volunteer experience in the area of social work ( 20 hrs)
John Webster, Ph.D.
Campus Program Liaison, Social Work
SW 1000: Intro to Social Work (3 hrs)
**** Anthropology course
Humanities Course (approved)
SW 3940: Research Methods in Social Work (3 hrs)