Giving to the Scripps College of Communication
Today, Ohio University is in the midst of The Promise Lives campaign, through which more than $400 million has been raised to date in order to help bridge the gap between state funds and tuition costs by funding student access and opportunity, research, student life, the campus environment, and more.
Just one of those projects, for the Scripps College of Communication, includes the completion of the Schoonover Center for Communication, located at the site of the old Baker Canter. In 2013, we will begin the process of moving all five of our schools into the state-of-the-art environment.
Our new building would be just a shell, though, without the amazing student programming that will breathe life into it next year. Named a Center of Excellence in Ohio in 2010, the Scripps College of Communication produces the next generation of multimedia journalists, public relations managers, political and health communication experts, social media gurus, photographers, graphic designers, networking and satellite communications geniuses, documentary filmmakers, script writers, event planners, game designers and more.
We continue to build on nearly 45 years of history and success, and we are so proud of our students and of where our College is heading. As an alumnus or friend of the college, will you join us as we create the future of communication?
Here are just a few ways you can give:
- A $1,000 gift to open a one-time, talent-based freshman scholarship account
- $5,000 a year for five years to endow a scholarship in perpetuity
- Help send students overseas to study abroad through programs or assist them with living expenses while they participate in internships across the country.
- Support the Dean’s Development Fund by giving the dean discretion on how to use your gift, perhaps for new programs and initiatives or special scholarship opportunities.
- Support our faculty by endowing Chairs and Professorships or supporting academic research endeavors.
- Supporting the purchase of new technology and equipment to ensure that students are learning on the most up-to-date equipment in their chosen fields.
Call or email me to discuss the many options for giving – at any level – or visit http://www.ohio.edu/campaign/gift-guide/make-a-gift-now.cfm to make a one-time or recurring gift to Scripps College of Communication.
Thank you for your ongoing support to the Scripps College of Communication!
Robin M. Stock
Senior Director of Development
Scripps College of Communication
M: 460 RTVC, Athens, OH 45701