Pre-Award staff will help you with access and use of the various submission systems. They focus on:
- budget construction
- budget justification
- appropriate projections of multi-year budgets
- inter- and intra-institutional collaborations
- coordination of submission with research administrators at collaborating institutions,
- electronic forms
- adherance to and interpretation of proposal guidelines
- document formatting
- obtaining institutional letters of support
It is not necessary to have a complete draft of the proposal in hand to initiate discussion.
Commonly Used Information
- Access LEO
- Information for Ohio University proposal preparation
- Institutional Indentifiers
- Department Guarantee Memo [XLS] [PDF]
- Facilities and Administrative Cost Rate Distribution
- Grant and Contract Manager Assignments [PDF]
- Navigating Research Administration at Ohio University
- ORSP Staff Contact Information
- Research Challenge Program Guidelines
ORSP tracks the proposal through the submission, review, and award processes. Contact Pre-Award staff early in the process so they are aware of your deadline date. Some electronic submission systems require ORSP to download the application on behalf of the investigator. Route your electronic transmittal as early as possible so there is time to review it and ensure on-time submission through electronic systems.
Contact Pre-award Grant and Contract Managers: Kelli Cyrus, 740.593.9750, firstname.lastname@example.org; Audra Huddy, 740.593.9986, email@example.com; or Judi Rioch, 740.593.9985, firstname.lastname@example.org according to the Grant and Contract manager departmental assignments.
Faculty Research Support and the Research Challenge Program
ORSP manages to internal programs for the VP Research.
Contact Administrative Associate Tammy Andrews, 740.593.0378, email@example.com.
Proposal & Award Records and Reporting
ORSP maintains the official record (uniterm file) of all proposals submitted on behalf of Ohio University, all subsequent awards received, and prepares annual reports on grant and contract activity.
For assistance contact Mike Bump, Records Management Associate, 740.593.2858, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriations and Coordination of Large Multi-Institutional or Interdisciplinary Projects
Teri Geiger, Director of Governmental Relations in the Office of the President, serves as liason between the university and governmental bodies on the state and federal levels. Contact Teri at 740.593.1326, email@example.com.
The VP Research: Office of Grant Development and Projects may provide assistance with coordination and editing of proposals for large projects. Contact the Director, Roxanne Malé-Brune, 740.597.1227, firstname.lastname@example.org.