Perspectives magazine covers the research, scholarship and creative activity of Ohio University faculty, staff, and students. It is a published for a diverse audience each spring and autumn. To join our mailing list or request a hard copy, please contact Andrea Gibson at email@example.com.
Stories from the special 2013 graduate student edition
Individual Story Index
Stories from the Autumn/Winter 2012 issue
Individual Story Index
Of Note (Research briefs)
- Tackling tumor growth: Biology graduate student examines ovarian cancer in the lab
- Theater transforms prisoners in playwright's new "Puppet Man"
- Prairie Home Companion: Writer traces path of pioneer author Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Heartwarming: Psychology studies find connection between interpersonal relationships and physical temperature
- Anatomy of a Downtown: From urban planning to performance art, what makes a city tick?
- Air Check: Meteorologists explore the weather systems that impact Antarctic climate change
Class Act (Undergraduate Research)
- Sexual assault victims report high levels of self-blame, trauma
- Lock and Key: How computer science reveals the "dark matter" of the human genome
- Literary Remix: History, autobiography, and literature come together in Kevin Haworth's essays
- Second Life: Citizens, scholars seek new uses for a former government energy plant
- The Bacteria Battle: Scientist Erin Murphy uncovers the genetic mechanisms behind a deadly disease
- The Promise of the Pawpaw: Can food scientists turn a native fruit into supermarket-friendly products?
- Digital Dinosaurs: How do scientists reconstruct the anatomy of ancient beasts?
- How Southeast Ohio is becoming a hotspot for technology commercialization and entrepreneurs
- Just Between Friends: What sets friendship apart from our other relationships—and why it matters
Stories from the Spring/Summer 2012 issue
Spring/Summer 2012 Story Index
1. Earth Works: Artist John Sabraw makes a case for sustainable art in a new series of paintings that celebrate the natural world
2. Dixie Debunked: Historian paints a global, modern view of the Old South and origins of the Civil War
2. Snow Day: A robotic snowplow teaches engineering students navigation skills
Class Act: Undergraduate Stories
Of Note: Research NewsFit Forests: Biologists study how Ohio's forests respond to climate change
4. Diet Rx: How can antioxidant diets protect against diabetic kidney disease?
5. Code Enforcement: How well does that bar code work? Engineers put data capture technologies to the test