Thanks for your interest in working at the Aquatic Center here at Ohio University. Campus Recreation, Aquatic Center offers various opportunities for student employment and experiential learning such as Recreation Assistant, Lifeguard, Student Facility Operator, Facility Maintenance, Swimming Instructor and coach. These positions will be advertised throughout the year on an as needed basis. Click here for basic job descriptions for these positions, and check this site frequently.
There are two (2) ways to apply for positions here at the Aquatic Center.
1. Download the PDF of the application, fill it out and return via email to the Student Managers for review. Please click here to download the application form. Once the form is completed, please feel free to either email as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org., or turn in the printed one at OUAC Front Desk.
2. The online application is OPEN now. Please click here to fill in the online application.
- Must be enrolled student at Ohio University with at least six (6) credit hours for undergraduates, and at least five (5) credit hours for graduate students.
- Willing to work between 6 and 20 hours per week.
- International students must have a valid work permit and PID number.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with people on a daily basis.
- Available to work weekend hours.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings.
The following American Redcross Certifications are preferred
- First Aid
- Water Safety Instructor
If you are hired at Campus Recreation, the following forms and information will be required prior to your first working shift:
- I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Home Land Security
- Direct Deposit (bring a canceled check or deposit slip)
- OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System)
- W4 (tax exemptions)
You must bring your original Social Security Card & Driver's License OR Passport OR VISA
"Ohio University is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is actively committed to diversity within its community."