Deans, Chairs, Directors: RSVP for the NFW Lunch by Clicking Here
THE FALL 2014 OHIO NEW FACULTY WELCOME
will be held on Monday, August 18, 2014
8:00 am to 4:00 pm (approx.)
Margaret M. Walter Hall Rotunda
Please enter your information even if you cannot attend the Welcome.
Your replies will help us determine what information is of the most interest to our new OHIO faculty.
Remember to also register for one of the Human Resources new employee orientations as well. There you'll fill out your paperwork, learn about your benefits, etc.
Click here to go to the HR new employee website.
Lot 133 has been reserved for the Welcome. An special permit is required for that lot. New faculty who register will be sent a permit allowing them to park in Lot 133. There are approximately 100 spaces available on a first come, first served basis. (Click here to view/download the parking map.)
New faculty who have Athens campus parking permits may park in any of the available green or purple lots on campus. Some lots may be unavailable due to ongoing construction projects, so please check the Parking Services website (http://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/parking/) to check for lot closings.
DRAFT - AGENDA
OHIO New Faculty Welcome - Fall 2014
President Roderick J. McDavis and Pam Benoit, Executive Vice President and Provost, will welcome OHIO's new faculty
Activities will include:
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
- Opening and Introductions: Howard Dewald, Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Planning
- Faculty Senate Welcome: Beth Quitslund, Chair
- A Brief History of Ohio University: Sam Crowl, Trustee Professor of English Literature, Professor Emeritus of English
- Research at Ohio University: Shane Gilkey, Assistant Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs; Kelly Broughton, Assistant Dean for Research and Education Services, Ohio University Libraries; Janet Hulm, Assistant Dean for Collections & Digital Initiatives, Ohio University Libraries
- Undergraduate Advancement Council
- FERPA, Student Records, and More: Debra Benton, University Registrar and Registrar Staff
- Faculty and Student Profiles, Data Access, and Institutional Accreditation: Barbara Wharton, Associate Provost for Institutional Research & Effectiveness; Elizabeth Bennett, Associate Director, Office of Institutional Research; Michael Williford, Associate Provost for Institutional Accreditation
- Lunch and Conversations with Colleagues
- Services Fair
- Student Life at Ohio University: Student Panel
- The Class of 2018: Ryan Lombardi, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Question & Answer Session
LAST YEAR'S EVENT INFORMATION
The Fall 2013 OHIO New Faculty Welcome
was held on
Thursday, August 22, 2013
8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
in the Friends of the Library Room
Faculty Commons, Alden Library 3rd Floor, Athens Campus
All green and purple lots are unrestricted, free parking until classes begin. Because of our construction projects, some lots and streets may be closed.