42.120: Campus Moving Services
SUPERCEDED as of October 19, 2007
|Approved on March 30, 2005||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Campus Services
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration
- This policy establishes guidelines for moving services to ensure that campus moves are conducted so as:
- to be timely;
- to minimize the risk of damage or destruction of University buildings or property;
- to reduce the downtime and inconvenience to staff being moved; and,
- to reduce overall University moving expenses.
- The Campus Services Department is responsible for moving University property within and between all University buildings and campuses. University moves should be initiated and coordinated by the Moving Department of Campus Services. This includes the procurement of moving services by in-house forces or by contract with external sources. Functions covered by this policy include:
- moving of office furniture within a building;
- relocating entire offices or departments;
- table or chair rental, and campus delivery of same.
- Departments having a need for moving services should contact the Moving Department. Work requests should be made as far in advance as possible, because services will be provided on a first-come, first-service basis. However, every attempt will be made to accommodate needed schedules. Departments requesting these services will provide a University account number that will be debited with a pre-approved charge. A schedule of standard charges and an estimate of the charges for specific requested services will be available upon request through the Moving Department.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Director of Property Management and Moving Services
- Planning Unit Heads
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Copyright © 2005 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohiou.edu/policy/s42-120.html) on October 23, 2007.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".