41.008: Academic Year Pay Schedule for Faculty
Valid until SUPERCEDED on August 27, 2012
|Approved on January 6, 2004||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Administration and Finance
- This policy serves to establish the standard pay dates for faculty.
- Ohio University pays full or part-time faculty on academic year contracts in nine payments during the academic year. Three (3) equal payments will be made for each academic quarter with fall quarter payments paid October 1, November 1 and December 1; winter quarter payments on January 1, February 1 and March 1; spring quarter payments on April 1, May 1 and June 1. In cases where the twelve-pay option is selected, twelve payments will be paid October 1 thru September 1 (see also Policy 41.007, "Twelve Pay Option").
All faculty who do not have contracts for a full academic year will be paid on a quarterly basis. Three (3) equal payments will be made for each academic quarter and paid on the same payment schedule stipulated above depending on which quarters are under contract.
This policy does not pertain to summer sessions or overload contracts.
- In the event that a partial quarter pay is necessary, it will be calculated in accordance with Policy 41.004, "Computing Partial Salary for Faculty and Graduate Assistant Contract Employees".
Overload contracts will be paid in accordance with Policy 41.002, "Part-time and Overload Presidential Appointments."
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Assistant Vice President for Administration for Human Resources
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/s41-008.html) on May 8, 2012.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".