40.027: Personal Leave for Administrative Employees
SUPERCEDED on May 20, 2008
|Approved on October 28, 2002||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|October 1, 2002||
|James E. Kemper
Assistant Vice President for Administration
for Human Resources
|Nancy Prichard Crist, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Administration
- To allow eligible administrative employees to convert three (3) sick leave days to personal leave days each fiscal year. These personal leave days would provide administrative employees time which could be utilized to conduct personal business or deal with family matters that may need to be carried out during regular working hours.
- Full-time and part-time administrative employees who accrue sick leave.
- A full-time employee, or a part-time employee who is more than 0.5 FTE, must have accrued 15 days of sick leave as of the beginning of the fiscal year to be eligible to convert sick leave to personal leave.
- A part-time employee (less than or equal to 0.5 FTE) must have accrued 7.5 days of sick leave as of the beginning of the fiscal year to be eligible to convert sick leave to personal leave.
II. Related Policies
- Policy 40.028, "Personal Days for Classified Civil Service Employees"
- Policy 40.029, "Sick Leave for Faculty and Administrative Personnel"
- Policy 41.001, "Vacation for 12-Month Administrative Presidential Appointees"
- Each July 1, full-time administrative employees, and part-time administrative employees who are more than 0.5 FTE, with a minimum of 15 days accrued sick leave, and part-time administrative employees who are 0.5 FTE or less, with a minimum of 7.5 days accrued sick leave, will be eligible to use three days of personal leave. University Human Resources will notify each planning unit of employees who are eligible.
- Employees who use their three personal leave days will complete a Request for Paid Time Off Form for each use, marking "personal day."
- Personal leave may be used in minimum units of one-quarter-day.
- Send form to the Payroll Department for recording and disposition.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Administrative Senate
- Payroll Manager
- The following forms are specific to this policy.
- The "Request for Paid Time Off Form" is available from University Human Resources and through their Web site, from http://www.uhr.ohiou.edu/UHR_Svc_Dir/Forms/default.htm.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohiou.edu/policy/s40-027.html) on May 23, 2008.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".