24.030: Membership and Use Eligibility for Campus Recreation Facilities
SUPERCEDED on July 6, 2012
|Approved on April 30, 2003||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Assistant Dean for Recreation and Wellness
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Dean of Health and Human Services
- To provide the policy and procedure for membership and use eligibility for the Charles J. Ping Student Recreation Center, Aquatic Center, Bird Arena, Golf Course, Tennis Courts, Disc Golf Course, Driving Range, Intramural and Club Sport Fields, and the Outdoor Challenge Course.
- The primary purpose for these facilities is to serve the educational and recreational needs of the students, faculty, and staff of Ohio University.
The Aquatic Center also has an Intercollegiate Athletics role and serves as the home of the Ohio Bobcat Swim Team. Use priority for the Aquatic Center is:
- Classes and educational activity
- Intercollegiate Athletics
With the exception of the Charles J. Ping Student Recreation Center, facilities are open to the community on a fee for service basis.
Ohio University reserves the right to refuse use of these facilities to any group sponsoring a function which does not meet the standards of Ohio University or which is determined to be detrimental to the academic, community, or state interests of this University.
Policy 01.025, "Use of Ohio University Facilities," provides an umbrella policy for all facilities usage. Issues not addressed in this policy may be addressed there.
Policy 20.095, "Approval of Fee Rates," describes the process for establishing and changing fees for facility use.
I. Full-time and Part-Time Students
- Undergraduate and graduate students of Ohio University who are assessed the university general fee are granted membership to the Charles J. Ping Student Recreation Center, Aquatic Center, Bird Arena, and the Outdoor Tennis Courts. Fees for service will be assessed for use of the Golf Course, Indoor Tennis Courts, the Driving Range and the Outdoor Pursuits Challenge Course on a per-visit, quarterly, or annual basis.
II. Faculty, Staff, and Alumni
- Probationary or tenured faculty, classified, bargaining unit, or administrative employees on the university payroll, adjunct faculty, and retired faculty and staff are eligible to purchase a membership to any of the recreational facilities. Alumni of Ohio University who have completed 45 hours are also eligible to purchase memberships to recreational facilities. Fees will be offered on a per-visit, quarterly or annual basis.
III. Regional Campuses
- Undergraduate and graduate students as well as the faculty and staff of Ohio University Regional Campuses are eligible to purchase a daily use pass to any recreational facility.
- Students and members with spouses (as defined by Ohio University), and dependents (under 23 years of age if enrolled as a full time student) may purchase spouse or family memberships. When using the facilities, children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult, or be under staff supervision.
V. Membership information
- Memberships to all facilities may be purchased at the Campus Recreation Business Office, located in Room 142 of the Ping Center. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Payment options are cash, check, or credit card.
- Ping Center members are limited to two (2) guests per visit and the qualifying member must accompany guests. A daily guest fee will be assessed.
- On occasion and during non-peak time periods, special programs, including camps, family nights, festivals, and other activities, the facilities may be open to the University Community or the general public. The overall impact on facility utilization and operations by community use and these activities will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that no conflict arises in facility availability for student use.
Information regarding each Campus Recreation facility, including scheduled hours and costs, may be obtained from the division Web site (http://www.ohiou.edu/recreation/), the division information phone line (740-593-CREC), or the division brochure.
VIII. Reservation of Facilities - Private Rentals
- Facility rental is available to eligible users on a fee for service basis. Reservations must be made through the Division of Campus Recreation by calling 740-597-CREC. The formal request must be in writing, and, if approved, a facility use permit will be issued.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Student Senate
- Internal Fees Committee
- Director of Space Management
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/s24-030.html) on July 11, 2012.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".