Use of Convocation Center and Other Athletic Department-Controlled Facilities
SUPERCEDED on March 31, 2003
Procedure No.: 24.012
Page No.: 1 and 2 of 2
Date Issued: 09/01/87
Issued By: H. McElhaney
Previous Policy Previous Page Next Page  Next Policy
- To provide the policy and procedure for the use of the Convocation Center and Athletic Department-controlled outdoor facilities.
- These facilities exist to serve the educational, athletic, and entertainment interests of the students, faculty, and staff of Ohio University. When it does not conflict with university use, and with the permission of Ohio University, the facilities may be used by bona fide groups of the community, region, and state.
Ohio University reserves the right to refuse use of facilities to any group sponsoring a function which does not meet the standards of Ohio University, or which the university determines to be detrimental to the academic, community, or state interests of the university.
Reservation of Facilities
University personnel wishing to reserve space indicated below should contact the Coordinator of Facilities in the Department of Inter- collegiate Athletics. When a date is reserved and confirmed, only a higher priority function can supersede it, and only in the most unusual circumstances.
Non-university persons wishing to reserve space in the Convocation Center should contact the Coordinator of Facilities in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. After the date is confirmed as available, either the Office of Public Occasions or the Office of Conferences and Workshops must be contacted for approval of the event and the ensuing arrangements.
For all events scheduled in the Convocation Center, the O.U. Physical Plant is notified and coverage must be arranged through them for all events held in the building.
Activity Priorities and Resolution of Conflicts
Every effort will be made to arrange time schedules so that the athletic teams, university-sponsored entertainment, and student organizations can be accommodated. It is the understanding of the university that athletic events and practices have priority in the Convocation Center except for university events such as registration and commencement. It is understood that the Athletic Department will work with the university in arranging for concerts and other such events that are brought to campus. Conflicts will be resolved between the Director of Athletics and the other appropriate persons on campus.
[Here begins page 2 of the hardcopy version.]
Charges for Facility Usage
Sponsoring groups will be responsible for all rentals and other charges and any damage incurred in the use of the Convocation Center. Charges for rental of the Convocation Center do not include labor costs for custodians, ticket agents, ticket takers, security, technicians, floor covering labor, nor utilities.
Fee schedules for the Convocation Center and other Athletic Department controlled facilities are available through the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- The sale of concessions must be handled by the company holding the rights, unless they waive the right to sell.
- Smoking is prohibited in the arena and Green Room.
- No flash cameras will be allowed when the flash will interrupt the event and/or performance.
- Sale or consumption of alcohol is prohibited without a permit issued by the university.
- Proof of liability insurance may be requested from the lessor.
Return to the top.
Previous Policy Previous Page Next Page Next Policy
Copyright © 2005 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohiou.edu/policy/s24-012.html) on May 4, 2005.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".