24.002: Baker University Center Advertising and Announcements
|Approved on March 27, 2003||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Baker University Center
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Student Affairs
- To regulate posting and distribution of advertising materials or announcements in Baker University Center.
- Baker University Center will provide as much space as possible to recognized University organizations for the purpose of publicizing their events and activities. Baker University Center will prohibit use of any portion of Baker University Center for advertising directed by or toward private concerns and businesses.
- All announcements to be distributed in any manner in or about Baker University Center must be approved at the Information Desk in Baker University Center. All such materials, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, etc., are subject to the following guidelines:
- Materials must be sponsored by a recognized University organization whose name appears on the materials.
- Distribution must be limited to the areas set aside by the Director for such use.
- At no time are materials to be taped, glued, tacked, or otherwise affixed to doors, wall, windows, or other building surfaces not specifically designated for such purposes.
- Posters and signs must be no larger than 11" x 17" in size, so that several groups may use posting areas at the same time.
- Materials must be removed as soon as the event or activity they describe is past.
II. Types of Advertising and Announcements
- Posters may be affixed to bulletin boards. Posters affixed on bulletin boards may not exceed 11" x 17" in size.
B. Handbills and Leaflets
- Handbills and leaflets may not be distributed in Baker University Center without the specific permission of the Director.
III. Penalties and Charges
- Distribution of materials in violation of this policy will result in removal and destruction of the materials, and may also result in charges to the individual or organization for the costs associated with cleaning up of debris.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Director of Legal Affairs
- Student Senate
- Graduate Student Senate
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/24-002.html) on May 7, 2013.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".