23.001: Dining Hall Food Service
Withdrawn as of October 19, 2007
(Consolidated into Policy 47.015)
|Approved on March 27, 2003||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Housing and Food Services
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
|Gary B. North|
Vice President for Administration
- To establish controls in regard to the production, serving, and sale of food provided by Ohio University Dining Services.
- Food and beverages served in a Dining Hall must be provided by Ohio University Dining Services. Individuals or organizations desiring to have food and beverages which have been prepared by Ohio University served at locations other than dining halls must receive written approval from the Director of Housing and Food Services and the Director of Environmental Health and Safety.
I. Quality Control
- Ohio University Dining Services has a responsibility to all persons who make use of the Dining Halls to protect them from food and beverages which may have been prepared under conditions which do not meet the appropriate standards of Ohio University.
Any questions on the above policy should be directed to the Director of Housing and Food Services.
II. Food Service Areas and Facilities
- Individuals or organizations requesting the use of dining hall facilities should contact either the Director of Housing and Food Services or the appropriate dining hall manager.
- At the time functions are planned, a preliminary estimate of the number of persons to attend must be given to the dining hall manager. A firm guarantee must be provided a minimum of five (5) working days in advance of the actual event. Ohio University will bill for the guarantee or the actual number attending the event - whichever is greater. Ohio University Dining Services will prepare for five percent (5%) above the guarantee number.
- Ohio University Dining Services has the necessary equipment and facilities to provide formal luncheons and dinners for groups from 10 to 600.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Director of Environmental Health and Safety
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/23-001.html) on May 7, 2013.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".