- Ph.D. Mathematics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1995
- M.S. Mathematics, University of California at Riverside, 1991
- Chinese Studies, Xiamen University, 1987-89
- M.S. Engineering Mechanics, University of Kentucky, 1987
- B.S. Mathematics & Honors Program, University of Kentucky, 1985
- 2010-present, Professor, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University
- 2004-2010, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University
- 2006-2007, Visiting Academic, Mathematics Institute, Univ. of Warwick, Coventry, U.K.
- 1997-2004, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University
- 1998-2000, Visiting Researcher, Institute for Physical Sciences and Technology, Univ. of Maryland
- 1995-1997, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University
- Undergraduate Courses: Precalculus, Statistics and Probability, Business Calculus, Calculus (all levels), Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Game Theory, Number Theory, Applied Numerical Methods, Industrial Math,
- Graduate Courses: Numerical Linear Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, Chaos Theory, Dynamical Systems.
- Editorial Board, Dynamical Systems: an International Journal.
- Editorial Board, Discontinuity, Nonlinearity and Complexity.
- Editorial Board, Annual Review Chaos Theory, Bifurcations & Dynamical Systems.
- Founding Member of the Quatitative Biology Institute.
- Member of AMS, MAA, SIAM, SIAM Working Group on Dynamical Systems.
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews.
- Referee for: Transactions A.M.S., Proceedings A.M.S.,, Ergodic Theory & Dynamical Systems,
Celestial Mechanics, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical
Systems, International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, Mathematica
Journal, Nonlinearity, Pan American Journal of Mathematics, SIAM J Applied Dynamical Systems, Dynamical Systems, Chaos,Solitons&Fractals,
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Applied Mathematical Letters and Bol. Soc. Matem. Mexicana.
Dr. Young's Homepage