1. X. Shen, F. Mohd-Zaid, Path generation for tacking algorithm of Unmanned Vehicle System, Military Operations Research Symposium (80th MORS), US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO. 11-14 June 2012.
2. X. Shen, F. Mohd-Zaid, and R. Francis, Runge Phenomenon: A virtual artifact in image processing, The 16th International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition (IPCV'12), July 2012, Las Vegas, USA.
3. X. Shen, K. A. Farries and P. R. Havig, Quantify effects of long range memory on predictability of complex systems, special session on Cognitive Signal Processing and Applications, 2011 IEEE National Aerospace Electronics Conference (NAECON’11), Dayton, OH, July 20-22, 2011.
4. K. Alam, X. Shen and R. Taposh, Design Considerations for Heat Spreader in High Heat Flux Systems, 28th Annual Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium (Semi-Therm 2012), San Jose, CA. March 18-22, 2012.
5. X. Shen, A novel support vector machine kernel based on Slepian semi wavelets, NAECON’11, Dayton, OH, July 2011.
6. L. E. Lin and X. Shen, Wavelet Analysis of electroencephalogram signals, NAECON’11, Dayton, OH, July 2011.
7. X. Shen, Sparse statistical data analysis based on the L1-norm - case study, Special session on Sparse Data Representations and Applications, AMS Spring Southeastern Section Meeting, Statesboro, GA, March 18-20, 2011.
8. X. Shen, Digital signal representation with Slepian series, Special session on Control Systems and Signal Processing, AMS Spring Southeastern Section Meeting, Statesboro, GA, March 18-20, 2011.
9. X. Shen, K. Farris, D. Rieskst, and P. R. Havig, Shannon entropy and relatives: A brief review and new development, Special Session on Computational and Applied Mathematics, AMS Section Meeting, Richmond, VA, November 6-7, 2010.
10. H. He and X. Shen, Multi-scale Learning for Complex Systems: Integration of Computational Intelligence into Smart Grid, Int. Conf. on Cognitive and Neural Systems (ICCNS'10), Boston, May 2010.
11. X. Shen, Characterize long range dependency of piecewise 1/f noise, 2009 AMS Fall Southeastern Meeting, special session on Inverse Problems and Signal Processing, Boca Raton, FL, October 30 - November 1, 2009.
12. Y. Cao, H. He*, H. Man and X. Shen, Integration of Self-organizing Map (SOM) and Kernel Density Estimation (KDE) for Network Intrusion Detection, European International Symposium on Security & Defence, Berlin, Germany, 31 August-3 September 2009.
13. Y. Cao, H. He*, and X. Shen, DensityRank: A Novel Feature Ranking Method Based on Kernel Estimation," International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), June 14-19 2009, Atlanta GA, USA.
14. X. Shen, H. He and Y. Cao, Density Estimation Using Pseudo Monte Carlo Method With Applications, Special session on Applied Probability, Fall Southeastern Meeting, American Mathematical Society (AMS), Huntsville, AL, October 24-26, 2008.
15. X. Shen, Lagrange Interpolation by Periodic Prolate Spheroidal Wavelets, Special Session on Applied Harmonic Analysis, American Mathematical Society (AMS), October 5-6, 2007, Chicago, IL.
16. X. Shen, H. He and G. G. Walter. Orthogonal Finite Element Multiwavelets, The International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC 2007), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 25-28, 2007.
17. X. Shen and H. He, A multiscale probability model for INBOUS systems, The International Conference on on Machine Learning; Models, Technologies & Applications (MLMTA 2007), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 25-28, 2007.
18. H. He and X. Shen. Financial data, Bootstrap Methods for Foreign Currency Exchange Rates Prediction, 2007 IEEE and INNS Joint Conference on Neural Network, August, 2007, Orlando, FL, USA
19. H. He and X. Shen. Adaptive Iterative Learning for Classification based on Feature Selection and Combination Voting, 2007 IEEE and INNS Joint Conference on Neural Network, August, 2007, Orlando, FL, USA.
20. H. He and X. Shen. A Ranked Subspace Algorithm for Gene Expression Data Classification, International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI 2007),Â Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 25-28, 2007.
21. X. Shen. Biorthogonal Sampling Functions Associated with Meyer Type Wavelets. The 2006 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC 06). June 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
22. X. Shen and S. Agrawal. Kernel Density Estimation for an Anomaly Based Intrusion Detection System. The International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods (MLMTA 06), June 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
23. X. Shen. Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions in a Periodic Setting, AMS-SIAM Special Session on Frames and Operator Theory in Signal Processing, 112 AMS Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, January, 2006.
24. M. Rajakumar and X. Shen. A Case study of Real-time Applications on RTLinux kernel, The International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA 05), June, 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
25. X. Shen and J. Gao.Statistical Modeling for Bankruptcy Prediction: A brief survey and new examples, The 2005 International Conference on e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, e-Government, and Outsourcing (EEE 05), Las Vegas, Nevada, June, 2005.
26. X. Shen and D. Chen. Numerical Methods for Solving Shape From Shading Models, International Conference on Scientific Computing (ICSC 05), June, 2005, Nanjing, China.
27. 27. X. Shen, and N. Saito. On Slepian Series Expansion, AMS-SIAM Special Session on Integrable Systems and Special Functions, AMS Annual Meeting #1003, January, 2005, Atlanta, GA.
28. X. Shen, The Periodic Prolate Spheroidal Wavelets, Special Session on Multiscale Methods and Sampling in Time-Frequency Analysis. AMS Sectional Meeting #1000, October, 2004, Albuquerque, NM.
29. X. Shen, An Algorithm For Removing Artifacts In Wavelet Expansions, The 2004 International Conference on Algorithmic Mathematics and Computer Science (AMCS 04), June, 2004, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
30. X. Shen, H. Li. Kernel Density Estimation for Wireless Fading Channels Using Slepian Semi-Wavelets, The 2004 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN 04), June, 2004, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
31. X. Shen. The Numerical Aspects Of A Biorthogonal Wavelet Basis, Abstract number: 995-42-146, AMS Sectional Meeting 995, March, 2004, Athens, OH.
32. H. He, J. A. Starzyk and X. Shen. Power Quality Disturbance Analysis Based on Wavelet Multiresolution Decomposition, AMS Sectional Meeting 995, March, 2004, Athens, OH.
33. X. Shen and G. G. Walter. Slepian Semi-Wavelets and Their Use in Modeling of Fading Envelop, IEEE Topical Conference on Wireless Communication Technology (TCWCT), October 2003, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
34. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Sampling Theorems Based On Slepian Functions, IEEE SampTA03, May, 2003, Strobl, Salzburg, Austria.
35. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Recovery of Digitized Signals Using Slepian Functions, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), April, 2003, Hong Kong, China.
36. X. Shen and N. Saito. Recovering Piecewise Band-limited Signals via a Hierarchical System Based on Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions, Special Section on Inverse Problems and Sampling Theory in Signal Analysis, AMS Annual Meeting #983, January 2003, Baltimore, Maryland.
37. Xaioping Shen. A Wavelet-like Multiscale System With High Energy Concentration and its Properties, ICM 2002 Satellite Conference on Harmonic Analysis and its Applications, August 2002, Hangzhou, P. R. China.
38. X. Shen. An Alternative Approach To Shape From Shading Using Smooth Wavelet Basis, The Fourth International Conference on Sampling theory and applications (IEEE SampTA), May 2001, Orlando, Florida, USA.
39. X. Shen. A Comparison Study On Quadrature Based Method And Hybrid Sampling Series For An Annual Meeting, January 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Abel-Type Equation, AMS
40. X. Shen. On Gibbs Phenomenon for Wavelet Expansion, Special session at International Mathematics & Computer Simulation (IMACS), May 2000, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
41. X. Shen. On the Numerical Aspects in Using Positive Hybrid Sampling Series, AMS Annual Meeting, January 2000, Washington, D.C., USA.
42. X. Shen. Meyer Wavelets Regularization, AMS Annual Meeting, January 1999, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
43. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Deconvolution With Meyer Wavelets, Special Session of AMS Annual Meeting, January 1998, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
44. X. Shen. A Sampling Type Quadrature, Special Session at AMS Regional Meeting #927, October 1997, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
45. G. G. Walter, and X. Shen. Continuous Non-Negative Wavelets and Their Applications, International Workshop on Wavelets and Statistics, Oct. 1998, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.
46. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Positive Density Estimation with Wavelets, Special Session at AMS Regional Meeting #922, May 1997, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
47. X. Shen, Uncertainty principle in context of harmonic analysis, Department of Mathematics, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, November 17, 2009.
48. X. Shen, Energy concentration problem and its connection to wavelets, December, 2007, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of New South Wales, Sydney, AU.
49. X. Shen, Slepian Functions as the Solution Of Energy Concentration Problem: A brief History and New Development, Colloquium talk, April 2004, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR.
50. X. Shen, Slepian Functions And Their Sampling Properties, Applied seminar, April 2004, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR.
51. X. Shen, Image Recovering Using the Method of Shape From Shading, Differential Equation Seminar, May 2004, Differential Equation Seminar, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University.
52. X. Shen, Kernel Density Estimation Using Slepian Semi-Wavelets, Applied and Computational Seminar, November 2003, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University.
53. X. Shen, Sampling Theory for Wavelets (Part II), Applied and Computational Seminar, April 2003, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University.
54. X. Shen, Sampling Theory for Wavelets (Part I), Applied and Computational Seminar, February 2003, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University.
55. X. Shen, A Wavelet-like Multiscale System With High Energy Concentration and its Properties, Applied and Computational Seminar, October, 2002, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University.
56. X. Shen, An Episode in Wavelet Expansion: Gibbs Phenomenon, Applied seminar, October 2001, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Davis, CA.
57. X. Shen, Asymptotic Dimension, April 2001, Mathematics Department, University of California-Davis, Davis, CA.
58. X. Shen, Gibbs Phenomenon in Wavelet Expansion Theory, University of Toledo, October 2000, Toledo, OH.
59. X. Shen, Wavelets and its Applications in Numerical Computations, Department of Mathematics, Naresuan University, June 1999, Phitsanulok, Thailand.