1. X. Shen and N. Saito, Discrete Slepian Series For Digitized Signals, submitted, Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, 2011.
2. X. Shen and J. Gao, Forecasting with multivariate discriminant analysis: an application using bankruptcy data, in press, International Journal of Statistics and Economics (IJSE), 2010.
3. H. He, X. Shen and J. A. Starzyk, Power quality disturbances analysis based on EDMRA Method, Vol. 31(6), 258-268, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 2009.
4. X. Shen. Slepian semi wavelets and their use in density estimation for wireless signals, Vol. 40 (6), 117-131, Journal of Mathematical Study, 2007.
5. X. Shen and G. G. Walter. Construction of periodic prolate spheroidal wavelets using interpolation. Vol. 40 (3-4), 445-466, 2007.
6. X. Shen. On numerical aspects of a biorthogonal wavelet basis. Vol. 2 (4), 471-491, Journal of Applied Functional Analysis, 2007.
7. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Periodic prolate spheroidal wavelets. Vol. 26 (7-8), 953-976, Journal of Functional Analysis and Optimization, 2005.
8. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. A sampling expansion for non bandlimited signals in chromatic derivatives. IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, Vol. 53 (4), 1291- 1298, 2005.
9. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Wavelet-like behavior of Slepian functions and their use in density estimation. Communication in Statistics-Theory and Method, Vol. 34 (3), 687-711, 2005.
10. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Wavelets based on prolate spheroidal wave functions. Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications. Vol. 10 (1), 1-26, 2004.
11. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Sampling with prolate spheroidal wave functions. Journal of Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing, Vol. 2 (1), 25-52, 2003.
12. X. Shen, On Gibbs phenomenon in wavelet expansions. Journal of Mathematics Study. 35 (4), 343-357, 2002.
13. X. Shen and G. G. Walter. Meyer wavelet regularization. Journal of Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, Vol. 23 (1-2), 195-215, 2002.
14. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Positive sampling in wavelet subspaces. Journal of Applied Computational Harmonic Analysis, Vol. 12 (1), 150-165, 2002.
15. X. Shen. A quadrature formula based on sampling in Meyer wavelet subspaces. Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, Vol. 3 (2), 147-163, 2001.
16. X. Shen. Extrapolation: From calculation of pi to finite element method of partial differential equations. Applied Mathematics Reviews, Vol. 1, 537--558, 2000.
17. X. Shen. A Galerkin-wavelet method for a singular convolution equation on the real line. Journal of Integral Equation & Applications, Vol. 12 (2), 157-176, 2000.
18. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Deconvolution using Meyer wavelets. Journal of Integral Equation & Applications. Vol. 11 (4), 515-534, 1999.
19. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. A substitute for summability in wavelet expansions. Analysis of Divergence, 51--63, Appl. Numer. Harmon. Anal., 1999.
20. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Continuous non-negative wavelets and their use in density estimation. Communication in Statistics-Theory and Method, Vol. 28, 1-18, 1999.
21. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Positive estimation with wavelets. Wavelets, Multiwavelets & Their Applications, AMS Contemporary Math, Vol. 216, 63-79, 1998.
22. E. Lin and X. Shen. Approximation methods for eigenvalue problem of Fredholm integral equations. World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts-92, Vol. I-IV, 2001-2010, 1996, de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany.
23. X. Shen. Gibbs phenomenon: A digression in wavelet sampling series. Recent Advances in Computational Science, P. Jorgensen, X. Shen, C-W. Shu, and N. Yan Eds. World Scientific Publishing, June 2007. ISBN: 981270700X.
24. X. Shen, Gibbs phenomenon for orthogonal wavelets with compact support. Advances in the Gibbs Phenomenon, A. J. Jerri ed., 337-369, Sampling publishing, July 2007. ISBN 0967301-0-8.
25. X. Shen, L. Yang. Shape From Shading Models, Handbook of Medical Image Analysis: Segmentation and Registration Models, Suri/Wilson/Laxminarayan, eds., Vol. 1, 257-298, Kluwer Academic/Plenum US, 2005. ISBN 0306485508.
26. X. Shen, J. S. Suri and S. Laxminarayan, Basics of PDEs and level sets, PDE and Level Sets: Algorithmic Approaches to Static and Motion Imagery, Topics In Biomedical Engineering, 1-30 Kluwer Press/ Plenum Publishers, 2002. ISBN 0-306-47353-4.
28. P. Jorgensen, X. Shen, C-W. Shu, and N. Yan, ed. Recent Advances in Computational Science, World Scientific Publishing Company, Aug. 2008, xi+396 pages. ISBN: 978-981-270-700-0
29. G. G Walter and X. Shen, Wavelets and Other Orthogonal Systems, 2nd edition, Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 2001. xx+370 pp., ISBN: 1-5848-8227-1.
30. J. Chen, G. Liu and X. Shen, etc., Spectral Approximation Of Linear Operator, (in Chinese), ranslated from English edition, written by F. Chatelin, xx+623 pp., 1st ed., Tianjin University Press, Inc., 1987, Tianjin, China. ISBN: 7-5618-0006-1.
Journal Special Issues and other publications
31. J. Lakey, E-B. Lin, X. Shen, and T-X. He, ed. Vol. 2 (4), Special Issue of Journal of Applied Functional Analysis. Eudoxus Press, LLC. October 2007. 202 pages. ISSN 1559-1948
32 X. Shen, Wavelet based numerical methods, Thesis (Ph.D.), The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. 1997. 150 pp. ISBN: 978-0591-50334-0, ProQuest LLC.
Refereed Proceedings Article
33. X. Shen, F. Mohd-Zaid, and R. Francis, Runge Phenomenon: A virtual artifact in image processing, Accepted in Proceedings of The 16th International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition (IPCV'12), July 2012, Las Vegas, USA.
34. Fairul Mohd-Zaid, X. Shen, and K. Farris, On Using Information-Theoretic Quantities in Characterization Dissimilarity of DNA Strings, Accepted in The 13th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOCOMP'12), July 2012, Las Vegas, USA.
35. X. A. Shen, A novel support vector machine kernel based on Slepian semi wavelets, Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON), Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE National. 65-68, July 2011, Dayton, OH.
36. X. A. Shen, K. A. Farries and P. R. Havig, Quantify effects of long range memory on predictability of complex systems, Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON), Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE National. 69-72, July 2011, Dayton, OH.
37. L. E. Lin, Wavelet Analysis of electroencephalogram signals, Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON), Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE National. 105-110, 20-22 July 2011, Dayton, OH.
38. K. Alam, X. Shen and R. Taposh, Design Considerations for Heat Spreader in High Heat Flux Systems, Proceedings of 28th Annual Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium (Semi-Therm 2012), 283-287, San Jose, CA. March 18-22, 2012.
39. H. He and X. Shen, Multi-scale learning for complex systems: Integration of computational intelligence into smart Grid, Fourteenth International Conference On Cognitive and Neural Systems (ICCNS 2010), Boston, MA, May, 2010.
40. Y. Cao, H. He, H. Man, X. Shen, Integration of self-organizing Map (SOM) and kernel density estimation (KDE) for network intrusion detection, Proceedings of the SPIE, Vol. 7480. 74800N-74800N-12, 2009.
41. Y. Tan, H. He and X. Shen, DensityRank: A novel feature ranking method based on kernel estimation, Proceedings of 2009 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), June 14-19 2009, Atlanta GA, USA.
42. H. He and X. Shen. Bootstrap methods for foreign currency exchange rates prediction, proceedings of 2007 IEEE INNS Joint Conference on Neural Network, 1272-1277, August 2007, Orlando, FL, USA.
43. H. He and X. Shen. Adaptive iterative learning for classification based on feature selection and combination voting. Proceedings of 2007 IEEE and INNS Joint Conference on Neural Network, 2800-2805, August 2007, Orlando, FL, USA.
44. X. Shen and H. He. A Multiscale Probability Model for Intrusion Detection Systems. Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on on Machine Learning; Models, Technologies & Applications (MLMTA 2007), 190-196, June 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
45. X. Shen, H. He and G. G. Walter. A note on orthogonality of finite element multiwavelets, Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC 2007), 198-124, June 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
46. H. He and X. Shen. A ranked subspace algorithm for gene expression data classification, Proceedings of International Conference on The 2007 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI 2007), 358-364, June 2007 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
47. X. Shen. Biorthogonal Sampling functions associated with Meyer type wavelets. Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC 2006), 277-283, June 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
48. X. Shen and S. Agrawal. Kernel density estimation for an anomaly based intrusion detection system. Proceedings of the International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods (MLMTA 06), 161-167, June 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
49. X. Shen and J. Gao. Statistical modeling for bankruptcy prediction: A brief survey and new examples for e-commence data. Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, e-Government, and Outsourcing, (EEE 05), 3-9, June 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
50. M. Rajakumar and X. Shen. Performance analysis of realtime applications on RTLinux kernel. Proceedings of International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'05), 1106-1112, June 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
51. X. Shen. An algorithm for removing artifacts in wavelet expansions. Proceedings of the International Conference on Algorithmic Mathematics and Computer Science (AMCS 04), 444-450, June 2004, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
52. X. Shen and H. Li. Kernel density estimation for wireless fading channels using Slepian semi-wavelets. Proceedings of International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN 04), Vol. 1, 411-417, June 2004, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
53. X. Shen, Y. Guo, and G. G. Walter. Slepian semi-wavelets and their use in modeling of fading envelope. Proceedings of 2003 IEEE Topical Conference on Wireless Communication Technology (TCWCT-2003), 1-3, (c) 2003 IEEE, October 2003, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
54. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Recovery of digitized signals using Slepian functions. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 03), SPTM-P2.2, Vol. 1, 241-244, May 2003, Hongkong, China.
55. X. Shen. On Gibbs phenomenon for wavelet expansions. Proceedings of International Conference on Scientific, Computing & Mathematical Modeling, 338-341, May 2000, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
56. G. G. Walter and X. Shen. Continuous non-negative wavelets and their applications. Proceedings of International Workshop on Wavelets and Statistics, 12-23, Oct. 1998, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.