- General Electric Aircraft Engines (GEAE), COMPEAT$™
Cost Model Development & Maintenance
- Duration: September 2000-present
Read a story in Ohio University's Outlook with more details on our work for GE
- General Electric Energy Systems, Development of Cost Models for GE Gas, Steam, and Wind Turbine
- Duration: August 2007-present
- William A. Young, Dale T. Masel, and Robert P. Judd, "A
matrix-based methodology for determining a part family’s learning
rate." (2008) Computers and Industrial Engineering, Volume 54,
Issue 3, April 2008, pp. 390-400
- F. Fazleena Badurdeen and D.T. Masel, "A genetic algorithm-based
approach to design minicells for mass customisation manufacturing."
International Journal of Mass Customisation (2008) Vol. 2, No.3/4
pp. 282 - 302
- Fazleena Badurdeen and D.T. Masel, “A modular minicell configuration
for mass customisation manufacturing.” (2007) International Journal
of Mass Customisation, Vol. 2, No.1/2, pp. 39 – 56.
- David A. Koonce, Robert P. Judd, Dušan N. Šormaz, and Dale T.
Masel, (2003) “A Hierarchical Cost Estimation Tool”, Computers
and Industry, Vol. 50:3, pp. 293-302.
- Dale T. Masel and D.J. Medeiros, (2001) “Estimating Expecting
Sortation Time for a Partially Filled Discrete Conveyor,”
International Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol. 8:3, pp.
- F. Fazleena Badurdeen and Dale T. Masel, (2003) “Determining
Batch Size to Minimize Labor Requirements in Distribution Center
Operations,” Proceedings of the Group Technology/Cellular
Manufacturing World Symposium 2003, Columbus, Ohio, pp.
- Thomas K. Keyser, Dale T. Masel, and William A. Brown, (2003)
“Web-Based Simulation for Using an HTML/XML Interface for
Manufacturing Sub-System Coordination,” Proceedings of the 31st
International Conference on Computers and Industrial
Engineering, San Francisco, CA.
- Dale T. Masel and F. Fazleena Badurdeen, (2003) “Methods for
Optimizing Staffing Levels in a Manual Order Picking Distribution
Center,” Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on
Computers and Industrial Engineering, San Francisco, CA.
- Dale T. Masel and Jon Van Euwen, (2002) “Determining
Strategies to Minimize Order Picking Path Length in a Distribution
Center,” Progress in Material Handling Research: 2002, Material
Handling Institute, Charlotte, NC, pp.287-304.
- Dale T. Masel, (2000) “Methods for Real Time Generation of
Order Picking Waves,” Progress in Material Handling Research:
2000, Material Handling Institute, Charlotte, NC, pp. 195-205.
- Dale T. Masel and Thomas K. Keyser, (2000) “Distributed
Simulation for Active Learning of Interdependent Manufacturing
Subsystems,” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on
Engineering Design and Automation, Orlando, Florida.
- Thomas K. Keyser and Dale T. Masel, (2000) “Distributed
Simulation for Active Learning of Manufacturing System
Management,” Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research
2000 Conference, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Dale T. Masel and Murali Narisetty, (2000) “The Application of
Similarity Measures for Wave Formation in an Order Picking
Warehouse,” Proceedings of the Group Technology/Cellular
Manufacturing World Symposium, San Juan, Puerto Rico,
- Dale T. Masel, (1999) “Adapting the Longest Processing Time
Heuristic (LPT) for Output Station Assignment in a Sortation
Facility”Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research ’99
Conference, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Dale T. Masel and David Goldsmith, (1997) “Using a Simulation
Model to Evaluate the Configuration of a Sortation Facility,”
Proceedings of the 1997 Winter Simulation Conference,
Atlanta, Georgia, pp. 1210-13.
|Graduate Student Theses
- Bradley Hollingsworth (MSISE, Spring 2003)
- Decision Strategy to Minimize Replenishment Costs in a
Distribution Center with Forward-Reserve Storage
- F. Fazleena Badurdeen (MSISE, Fall 2002)
- Determining Optimal Staffing Levels for the Picking and
Packing Operations in a Distribution Center
- Satyajit Datar (MSISE, Fall 2002)
- Hypothesis Testing for the Process Capability Ratio
- Shawn Gallaher (MSISE, Fall 2002)
- A Methodology for Determining Relationships between Jet
Engine Disk Part Geometry and Feature Dimensions
- Brian Pepper (MSISE, Summer 2002)
- Evaluation of Process Models to Estimate Time to Produce
Aircraft Engine Part Features
- Murtaza Shehabi (MSISE, Summer 2002)
- Cost Tolerance Optimization for Piecewise Continuous Cost
- Murali Narisetty (MSISE, Spring 2002)
- Methods in Order Batching for Picking in an Order Picking
- Ivan Aliwarga (MSISE, Summer 2001)
- A Tool for Comparing Cost of Conveyor Network Layouts
- Murtuza Habibulla (MSISE, Summer 2001)
- Analyzing the Performance of an Order Accumulation and
Sortation System Using Simulation: A Design of Experiments
- Jon Van Euwen (MSISE, Summer 2001)
- An Evaluation of Order Picking Paths and Storage
- Yatika Eaton (MSISE, Spring 2001)
- A Framework for Integration of Forward and Reverse
Logistics into a Single Facility
- Vinod Kumar ML (MSISE, Spring 2001)
- Analysis and Optimization of Cross-Docking Systems Through
Simulation and Analytical Modeling
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering,
- University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- Dissertation Title: A wave generation method to increase
distribution center throughput for picking and sorting
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering,
- Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- Thesis Title: A comparison and evaluation of the effect
of recirculation in a conveyor-based sortation system
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering,
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio