Dr. Lee's research group has R&D interests and expertise in biomass conversion and utilization areas. They include:
1. Fast pyrolysis of biomass for bio-oil generation
- Catalytic upgrading of bio-oil
- Bio-slurry processing including gasification and indirect liquefaction
- Further processing of residuals
2. Biomass gasification
Trace element analysis and impact upon the downstream catalytic processing
Co-processing of biomass and other fossil fuels
Integrated process between torrefaction and gasification of biomass
A very recent book authored by Dr. Lee and Dr. Shah on Biofuels and Bioenegy provides a good overview for this area of R&D.
- S. Lee and Y.T. Shah, "Biofuels and Bioenergy: Processes and Technologies," CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2012.