Updated January 11, 2015
- American Country Countdown. Shows from 1982, 1996, and 1997.
- AT 20 AC from 1999 and 2002.
- AT 20 Hot AC from 1999 and 2000.
- AT 40 from 2014.
- Casey's Countdown from 1997.
- Casey's Hot 20 from 1996, 1997, and 1998.
- Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 CHR and Hot AC from 2014
- "On a Country Road with Lee Arnold" from 1984, 1985, 1986, and 1987 (Syndicated Programming section)
- Weekly Top 30 with M. G. Kelly (Rick Dees guest host) from 1981.
- KCLE, Cleburne, Texas from 2005.
- 5AD, Adelaide, Australia from 1979.
- WROW, Albany, New York from 2014.
- WELW-FM, Willoughby/Cleveland, Ohio from 1970 and 1974.
- WKKY-FM, Geneva, Ohio from 2002.
- WAPE, Jacksonville, Florida from 1968.
- WPGC, Morningside, Maryland (Washington area) from 1965 and 1966.
- KWTX, Waco, Texas from 1991 and 1993.
- WCBS-FM from 1986.
- CKLW from 1969.
- WINS, New York from 1962.
- WMGM, New York from 1960.
If you have any vintage WABC, WNBC, WLS, anything from Cleveland from before 1980 (particularly WWWM, otherwise known as "M-105,"), anything from Rochester, New York before 1980, and anything of WGR, Buffalo before 1980 (especially Stan Roberts), I want to hear from you right now! I list my aircheck collection on this site for the benefit of those who might have something to trade with me and would like something in return.
If you're interested in a possible trade, send me e-mail at email@example.com. If you wish to inquire about the cost to acquire a particular set of airchecks, please do so, and I'd be glad to quote a price for you. I charge only for my direct expenses: CD, packaging, postage, etc.,—I do not claim to own the copyright on any of this material. DecalcoMania, "the club for fans of radio," is the perfect place to meet other collectors, and information about joining is on the links page.
Please note that I am now sending out only digital media (audio CDs or
mp3 CDs and DVDs) in trade or for
purchase. I'm still glad to accept material in cassette format (as well as
pretty much any other format as well), but given the low cost and ubiquity of CDs now and the fact
that I now use several large hard drives for archival storage of material,
all of my collection is in mp3 format, and it is just easier, faster, and
cheaper to make digital copies than to make cassettes. I also trade extensively
via the internet using file sending services like adrive.com.
In addition to cassettes, other older media formats I can work with are LPs and reel-to-reel tape. If you have either and would like what's on them transferred to CD, mp3, etc., I'd be glad to work with you. I've heard from people with reels of airchecks they've had since the 1960s but now have no way of playing them. I've borrowed these, done the transfer, and returned both the reels and new, CD versions, to the owners. I've done the same with LPs. Please contact me if you're in such a situation.
Listed below are the states, in alphabetical order, for which I have at least one aircheck. The date following the state name is the last time that page was updated with new airchecks. Within each state or category listing, the most recently added airchecks are shown in bold.
- Alabama (2013/03/10)
- Alaska (2009/08/30)
- Arizona (2014/11/19)
- Arkansas (2014/10/19)
- California (other than Los Angeles)
- Colorado (2014/09/14)
- Connecticut (2014/11/16)
- Delaware (1998/06/30)
- District of Columbia only. Stations licensed to cities in adjacent Maryland or Virginia are shown under that state. (2014/11/16)
- Florida (2015/01/11)
- Georgia (2014/06/15)
- Hawaii (2008/12/07)
- Idaho (2009/11/01)
- Indiana (2014/11/16)
- Iowa (2014/10/19)
- Kansas (2014/05/04)
- Kentucky (2014/06/15)
- Louisiana (2014/11/16)
- Maine (2009/02/26)
- Maryland (2015/01/11)
- Massachusetts (2014/12/07)
- Michigan (for CKLW, see Canada below) (2014/04/27)
- Minnesota (2014/10/19)
- Mississippi (2012/10/14)
- Missouri (2014/11/16)
- Montana (2014/01/26)
- Nebraska (2014/10/19)
- Nevada (2014/11/16)
- New Hampshire (2013/02/03)
- New Jersey (2014/06/15)
- New Mexico (2010/11/14)
- New York State (other than New York City)
- New York City
- WABC-AM, through 1975 (2014/10/19)
- WABC-AM, 1976 to the end of the music era, May 10, 1982 (2014/05/04)
- WABC-AM, post-music era (2014/06/15)
- WCBS-FM, through 1995 (2015/01/11)
- WCBS-FM, 1996 to the present (2014/11/16)
- WNBC, through 1979 (2014/02/23)
- WNBC, 1980 through 1988 sign-off (2014/11/16)
- All Other New York City stations (2015/01/11)
- North Carolina (2014/04/27)
- North Dakota (1998/06/30)
- Oklahoma (2014/09/14)
- Oregon (2014/12/07)
- Pennsylvania (2014/12/21)
- Puerto Rico (2008/11/16)
- Rhode Island (2014/09/14)
- South Carolina (2014/01/26)
- South Dakota (2001/07/27)
- Tennessee (2014/11/16)
- Texas (2015/01/11)
- Utah (2013/06/09)
- Vermont (2009/03/09)
- Virginia (2014/04/27)
- Washington (2014/11/16)
- West Virginia (2014/10/19)
- Wisconsin (2014/11/16)
- Wyoming (1998/06/30)
The Rest of the World
- Africa (2008/11/30)
- Asia (includes The Philippines) (2010/01/17)
- Australia (2015/01/11)
- The Bahamas (1999/08/09)
- Bermuda (2008/12/25)
- Canada (includes CKLW)
- Europe/Middle East (includes pirate radio) (2014/11/16)
- Mexico (includes border stations) (2014/10/19)
- New Zealand
- Pacific Islands
- South America
Other Radio-Related Material
These are not simple airchecks, but rather are collections of airchecks, special shows, countdown shows, and so forth. Click on the appropriate link.
- Aircheck Compilations. Collections of short airchecks from a variety of stations. (1999/05/07)
- Countdown Shows. American Top 40, Rick Dees Weekly Top 40, Dan Ingram Top 40 Satellite Survey, Leeza Gibbons Top 25, Casey's Top 40, American Country Countdown, various Dick Clark countdown shows, other Casey Kasem shows, and many more. (2015/01/11)
- Pre-1950. Several recordings of unique radio programs from the 1930s and 1940s including a significant amount of World War II radio coverage. (2011/01/23)
- Uncategorized Stuff. One-of-a-kind material that doesn't fit under any other category, including audio recordings of some old television network newscasts. Lots of interesting stuff here. (2014/11/16)
- Syndicated Programming. Dick Clark shows. Dick Bartley shows. Many others. Not countdowns, although some may play a "Top 10" or "Top 20" from a certain period in the past. (2015/01/11)