***This page was last revised
- August 5, 2014 ***
(as Ephraim Cutler, Cutler Highway Marker, Veto,
School of Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences
Ohio University -Athens, OH 45701
Article about my portrayals of Ephraim Cutler, My Life as Ephraim Cutler, Appalachian History, August 3, 2014, http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2014/08/life-ephraim-cutler.html
Link to sample of Double Voice Christian Singer
a Benefit Bank counselor working through the Church of the Good
Shepherd, Athens, OH. Counselors can assist middle to low income
folds find assistance benefits and file federal and state income taxes.
Service may be available after first of the year 2014
Am now a member of First
Families of Athens County. This was established on the basis of
the following ancestors who were pioneers to Athens County, i.e.
present prior to 1820: Nathan Dean (1762-1830), Mary Thayer (his
wife), Nathan Dean (1787-1837), Fannie Lane (his wife) and Nathan
Wiliam Dean. They are
and great-great-grandfather (respectively). Brothers Gary, Larry and Jim and Son Nathan are also members.
Am now fully retired from School of Hearing, Speech and Language (now Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders),
Ohio University, Athens, OH
Member of the D.V. Davis Men's Voice Choir in Jackson, OH. This
choir was organized on February 2009 in
Jackson, OH. It is a 20-30 man choir that meets for an hour rehearsal
in the Markay Theater, home of the Southern Hills Arts Council, on
Tuesday evenings at 7:30-8:30 P. Don Shamblin and Bob Williams,
Barbershopers from Athens, are members. We leave the Richland Avenue
Methodist Church each Tuesday at 6:30. http://www.markayjackson.org/dmdavis.htm
and Secretary of the Athens Barbershop Chorus that meets weekly to
rehearse at the First Christian Church. Details below.
NOTE: Men interested in learning more
about barbershop singing are always welcome at weekly rehearsal, each
Thursday 7:30-9:00 P at the First
Christian Church, corner of W. State and N. Congress (unless
scheduled to sing at this time on a parcitular
evening). Come and stay as long
as possible. Email me for more information or a most cordial personal
invitation. Chorus does not meet/rehearse during summer months.
Member of the Ohio University Emeriti Assn. Board.
Currently, chairman of the Emeriti Park and Emeriti Park Committee. NOTE: Emeriti park volunteers meet for an
hour each week in the park to perform maintenance Meetings are
currently 9-10 A April through October. Need additional volunteers.
Tasks include: planting, mulching, weeding and other beautification
projects under direction of Susan Calhoun, OU landscape coordinator.
Past member of the Executive Board, Athens County Senior Board.
Contact me by email:
- http://www.ohio.edu/people/deanr (update for previous email address on the Oak computer at OU)
- Problems of Hearing Aid Users in Reverberative Environments (common to many churches and large auditoriums)
- Organic Communication Disorders
[Voice, Neurogenics, Dysphagia]
- Acoustic Nature of Barbershop
- Vocal Hygiene & Voice Preservation
for Singers-particularly senior singers
- local Amesville/Athens history
- Wine Making
- Retired Faculty Member, School of
Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences
- Secretary - Athens County Chapter:
Society for the Preservation of Barbershop Quartet Singing in
- Secretary, Coonskin Library Association
- Writing Dean Family History
- Getting caught up on overdue home
maintenance projects - cleaning garage & maintaining home.
- Various projects at the Good Earth Farm. Currently processing over 50 gallon of concord wine for communion service use.
- Webmaster: Athens County Historical Society
- Creation of of special internet pages -
Cutler, Mudsock, Coonskin
Library & David
Lamb (See above)
- Dean Family Homepage
- Consultant to Rockerbeater Homepage: http://www.ohio.edu/people/deanr/rockerbeater
- Facebook participant (not avid)
- Genealogy - have been involved in family
history since 1976 (writing family history)
- Researching the history of
- an early Ames Township Village [1804-1858] - WWW page
launched to world on June 18.1998.
- Reenactor of Ephraim
Cutler - 1767-1853 (Athens County
Pioneer, early Ohio Legislator, abolitionist, Ohio University
- Barbershop Quartet & Chorus Singing
- Maintenance of Dean Homepage (accessible by request only)
Kuster's Home Page
- This home page contains a multitude of
files and references on communication disorders.
- This is fun site where you can enter
your address and have the home page creat an actual map showing
the location of the address you enter.
Harmony Society (formerly Soc.
for the Preservation & Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet
Singing in America)
- This is my latest hobby. I have been
singing barbershop harmony for little over a year now. I am
currently a lead singer, although I've sung baritone in the past.
I'm secretary of the Athens County Chapter of the Barbershop
Harmony Society as of Jan 1, 2004 (http://www.athensbarbershopchorus.org).
- an early Ames pioneer village that may
be the oldest documented village in the Northwest Territory that
did not survive.
Railroad Currrent activites in
Ohio to bring attention to this historic system to assist slaves
acquire their freedom.
Lamb - Computer Guru
- This page documents my experiences
introducing David, my wife's second cousin, to the personal
computer at age 96. David died a day belore his 104th birthday.
David was using his fourth personal computer.
Contact me by email: