***This page was last revised
- March 12, 2016 ***
(as Ephraim Cutler, Cutler Highway Marker, Veto,
School of Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences
Now: Communication Sciences and Disorders, School of Rehabilitation and Communication Sciences
Ohio University -Athens, OH 45701
Link to sample of Double Voice Christian Singer
a Benefit Bank counselor working through the Church of the Good
Shepherd, Athens, OH. Counselors can assist middle to low income
folds find assistance benefits and file federal and state income
taxes. Individual appointments are available through the Work
Station (70 N. Plains Rd.) in The Plains on April 15. Call (740)
797-1405 for appt.
Am now a member of First
Families of Athens County. This was established on the basis of
the following ancestors who were pioneers to Athens County, i.e.
present prior to 1820: Nathan Dean (1762-1830), Mary Thayer (his
wife), Nathan Dean (1787-1837), Fannie Lane (his wife) and Nathan
Wiliam Dean. They are
and great-great-grandfather (respectively). Brothers Gary, Larry and Jim and Son Nathan are also members.
Am now fully retired from School of Hearing, Speech and Language (now Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders),
Ohio University, Athens, OH
Member of the D.V. Davis Men's Voice Choir in Jackson, OH. This
choir was organized on February 2009 in
Jackson, OH. It is a 20-30 man choir that meets for an hour rehearsal
in the Markay Theater, home of the Southern Hills Arts Council, on
Tuesday evenings at 7:30-8:30 P. Bruce Ergood, Don Shamblin and Bob Williams,
Barbershopers from Athens, are members. We leave Athens each Tuesday at 6:30 P. http://www.markayjackson.org/dmdavis.htm
and Secretary of the Athens Barbershop Chorus that is currently
rebuilding in the Richland Methodist Church, Pomeroy Rd. If
interested in barbershop singing contact me.
We have aspirations of making the chapter active again..
Member of the Ohio University Emeriti Assn. Board.
Currently, chairman of the Emeriti Park and Emeriti Park Committee. NOTE: Emeriti park volunteers meet for an
hour each week in the park to perform maintenance Meetings are
currently 9-10 A April through October. Need additional volunteers.
Tasks include: planting, mulching, weeding and other beautification
projects under direction of Susan Calhoun, OU landscape coordinator.
Currently president of the Executive Board, Athens County United Seniors Board.
Contact me by email:
- http://www.ohio.edu/people/deanr (update for previous email address on the Oak computer at OU)
- Problems of Hearing Aid Users in Reverberative Environments (common to many churches and large auditoriums)
- Organic Communication Disorders
[Voice, Neurogenics, Dysphagia]
- Acoustic Nature of Barbershop
- Vocal Hygiene & Voice Preservation
for Singers-particularly senior singers
- local Amesville/Athens history
- Wine Making
- Retired Faculty Member, School of
Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences
- Secretary - Athens County Chapter:
Society for the Preservation of Barbershop Quartet Singing in
- Secretary, Coonskin Library Association
- Writing Dean Family History
- Getting caught up on overdue home
maintenance projects - cleaning garage & maintaining home.
- Coordinator of the Hearing Aid Users' Group; meets 2nd Monday at 2 P at Athens Villiage
- Creation of of special internet pages -
Cutler, Mudsock, Coonskin
Library Hearing Aid Users' Group & David
Lamb (See above)
- Dean Family Homepage
- Consultant to Rockerbeater Homepage: http://www.ohio.edu/people/deanr/rockerbeater
- Facebook participant (not avid)
- Genealogy - have been involved in family
history since 1976 (writing family history)
- Researching the history of
- an early Ames Township Village [1804-1858] - WWW page
launched to world on June 18.1998.
- Reenactor of Ephraim
Cutler - 1767-1853 (Athens County
Pioneer, early Ohio Legislator, abolitionist, Ohio University
- Barbershop Quartet & D.M Davis Male Voice Chorus Singing
- Maintenance of Dean Homepage (accessible by request only)
- This is fun site where you can enter
your address and have the home page creat an actual map showing
the location of the address you enter.
Harmony Society (formerly Soc.
for the Preservation & Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet
Singing in America)
- This is my latest hobby. I have been
singing barbershop harmony for little over a year now. I am
currently a lead singer, although I've sung baritone in the past.
I'm secretary of the Athens County Chapter of the Barbershop
Harmony Society as of Jan 1, 2004 (http://www.athensbarbershopchorus.org).
- an early Ames pioneer village that may
be the oldest documented village in the Northwest Territory that
did not survive.
Railroad Currrent activites in
Ohio to bring attention to this historic system to assist slaves
acquire their freedom.
Lamb - Computer Guru
- This page documents my experiences
introducing David, my wife's second cousin, to the personal
computer at age 96. David died a day belore his 104th birthday.
David was using his fourth personal computer.
Contact me by email: