Register for Transfer Orientation
Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO), required for all new Ohio University transfer students, enables you and your parents to meet with faculty, staff, and orientation leaders to prepare for the fall semester. You will learn about the curriculum and your major requirements, register for fall semester classes, obtain your student ID card, and tour the campus with a student orientation leader.
Already oriented at a previous institution? Although you may have attended an orientation at another college or university, you will find that BSO will help you learn how to take advantage of the resources and opportunities available to you at OHIO as you transition into this community. Placement tests are also offered for students who may need to take chemistry or a modern language.
BSO is for students and parents. Transfer students attend a two-day Orientation in June, and parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to attend. With separate tracks for students and parents, the entire family can become informed about university academic programs, policies, facilities, and services.
Registering for BSO. Beginning in early April, invitations to register online for a summer BSO session will be mailed to admitted transfer students. You will select your preferred dates of attendance online; note that dates are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Facts about Orientation and Welcome Week
- Orientation is a requirement of all undergraduate transfer students and is a two-day program.
- The Orientation reservation site is accessible through your My OHIO portal. Reservations for Orientation cannot be accepted by phone. In your My OHIO portal, click on the "My Applications" tab and look for the Bobcat Student Orientation box. From there, access the online reservation system for BSO. Choose the date you would prefer for your first day of BSO and enter any parent or guest information. Print a copy of the confirmation letter and bring it with you to BSO.
- On-campus overnight accommodations will be available. Residence hall rooms are air-conditioned, and linens are provided.
- Ensure that your final college transcript(s) have been sent to Undergraduate Admissions in advance of your Orientation date. To help plan your fall schedule, you should bring course descriptions and syllabi for any in-progress coursework if you are still enrolled at another institution during your Orientation.
- Student orientation fees are included in the OHIO Guarantee(TM).
Optional: Parents/family members who choose to attend orientation will be billed for program and meal fees. Student accommodations for orientation are included in the OHIO Guarantee(TM), but parents/family members who choose to stay overnight in a residence hall during the orientation program will be billed. All charges will be billed to the student account.
Orientation invitations mailed to students
Register to attend Bobcat Student Orientation
Beginning April 6
Review the Undergraduate Catalog 2015-2016
Attend Bobcat Student Orientation
June 11-12 or June 18-19
Start fall semester classes